Virgin Smasher

Gore Screaming Show

It's about time to recommend my final plotge for a while, just to give my other requests more of a chance. This one had a translation for a while, but it died off randomly and I really want a good translation of this VN.

Gore Screaming Show

img_0

Plot Synopsis:

Gore Screaming Show begins with the return of Kyouji Jinno, a relatively unassuming yet personable student, to the remote suburban community of his early childhood. With his parents still employed overseas, Kyouji takes up residence with his aunt, a cheerful woman with an unusual passion for occult research and relatively carefree regard to responsibilities. In this eased environment, Kyouji finds many opportunities to pursue leisure activities, rekindling friendships with several girls he once knew, now maturating into beautiful women. Soon thereafter, Kyouji accepts a request from his aunt to help unravel mysteries concerning paranormal phenomena she is investigating. They immediately set off, accompanied by friends in tow, to an ominous undeveloped forest that borders the town. After discussing details of an obscure local myth, the group splits to cover more ground, whereupon Kyouji stumbles across a decayed well. Suddenly an adolescent girl appears, candidly forthcoming and friendly in disposition towards Kyouji, but holding venomous hatred for his female companion. When the encounter is suddenly cut short, the nameless child inexplicably vanishes without a trace. The forest expedition is then repeated a second time, further arousing the attention of the mysterious young girl: an interest that inaugurates events of chaotic death and destruction in its wake... all committed in the pursuit of happiness once denied.

What I want this VN: It's dark. It's horrific. It's disturbing. It's perfect for a person like me. My friend turned me onto this VN a while back and it looks really goddamn good. Plus, Black Cyc is a really cool company overall, so getting their partnership would be great. I really hope this can be localized one day as it would be really interesting to read. That and ChronoBox for sure.

• Like 4

You shot straight past plot-ge and into the realm of guro-ge. That being said, Black Cyc's early games do have a good reputation. I heard that their engine doesn't do English well, so any titles by them would have to be ported over to Unity or something, which is a lot of work.

• Like 1

Seems pretty interesting; good choice. I think it might be smart to localise a more dark- horror themed VN. I mean, it's always better to provide VNs of many genres and themes- it just makes for more variety.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Feur Lehf said:

Seems pretty interesting; good choice. I think it might be smart to localise a more dark- horror themed VN. I mean, it's always better to provide VNs of many genres and themes- it just makes for more variety.

Well, if people want it, it'd be best to like the post so that it gets more of a reception from NekoNyan and they may try to license it as a result.

And I agree. Not enough horrorge in the west overall.

Just now, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Subarishiki Hibi approves. 
Screw the Literature Club, we need some serious shit and Japan knows how to do it. 

Tfw Myth was actually a more disturbing and more thought-provoking read than anything DDLC could offer.

Hell, even Soundless, an OELVN in and of itself offered more of a disturbing experience.

I'll just stop myself before I rant my ass off on DDLC and how overrated it is,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virgin Smasher said:

I'll just stop myself before I rant my ass off on DDLC and how overrated it is

I would probably help you in your rant, so it's better to stop here xD 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

You shot straight past plot-ge and into the realm of guro-ge. That being said, Black Cyc's early games do have a good reputation. I heard that their engine doesn't do English well, so any titles by them would have to be ported over to Unity or something, which is a lot of work.

Well, I know that the fan TL team figured out some way, so it's definitely possible.

I've seen some pics of german screens, but I think they were photoshoped... Or there is really is a legit way. Not my cup of tea anyway, but if there is a great to find (and it is isn't too depressing), then count me in.

15 minutes ago, Nelico said:

I've seen some pics of german screens, but I think they were photoshoped... Or there is really is a legit way. Not my cup of tea anyway, but if there is a great to find (and it is isn't too depressing), then count me in.

I think it's mainly a horrorge, but don't take my word for it as I haven't read it.

I see, virgin chose my favorite vn. So good choice.

This vn made me feel like ive completed vns (I havent been able to complete another vn since)

words cant really describe how much I absolutely adore this vn, this is really light on the guro and its mostly in the bad ends btw, so just avoid those if you dont like it, it even have settings for how much gore you wanna see in the options menu, so they got that covered just like euphoria with poop heh.

okay, first off, excellent common route, like fucking excellent common route, the best common route ive ever read actually and ill props never find any other common route that will surpass it. I never drags on, its not detached from the routes in any way, everything in this vn forms a coherent story from different perspective, nothing is left out and every detail in almost all routes are important to the "true route".

second off, best antagonist you'll most likely ever encounter, gore (ゴア) is....I think the best way to describe it is if you took scarecrow and the joker from batman and mixed them together as an omnipresent being.

third off (can you even say that):the protagonist, Kyouji, oof, I love him, hes the best representation of an actual human being ive seen when it comes to vn protagonists so far, hes brave, standing up for himself and the people he holds dear, but still have fears, regrets and what makes him feel like a living breathing human, unlike the super strong protags like yuuji from grisaia or the carbon copy self insert protagonists from a lot of other vns, black cyc really struck the golden middle way with this one

And for my last note ill give you this clip, if this doesnt make a chill run down your spine in a good way, I have no idea what will。

• Like 2

That clip feels like Bakura just activated the Dark Sanctuary, btw. 

Anyway, don't make me want to read it if there isn't an english localization ç_ç
I will start feeling depressed once again because I'm too lazy to learn Japponic ç_ç

22 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

That clip feels like Bakura just activated the Dark Sanctuary, btw. 

Anyway, don't make me want to read it if there isn't an english localization ç_ç
I will start feeling depressed once again because I'm too lazy to learn Japponic ç_ç

I know that feel. I'm taking JP classes next year in university so I'll probably be reading in Japanese in a year or so.

5 minutes ago, Virgin Smasher said:

I know that feel. I'm taking JP classes next year in university so I'll probably be reading in Japanese in a year or so.

I have to work everyday, and the free time I manage to obtain I use it to read VNs, so I will never learn Japponic :cryy:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

I have to work everyday, and the free time I manage to obtain I use it to read VNs, so I will never learn Japponic :cryy:

dont give up! You can even save up so you can take intensive jp classes, OR, you can dedicate 30 minutes or 1 hour a day to learning jp, thats all it takes!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maddie said:

dont give up! You can even save up so you can take intensive jp classes, OR, you can dedicate 30 minutes or 1 hour a day to learning jp, thats all it takes!

well, I'm learning basic hiragana and katakana. Kanji are still a no-no, tho 

7 minutes ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

well, I'm learning basic hiragana and katakana. Kanji are still a no-no, tho 

Once you have learned a few kanji you will find them to be easy to learn, even if some might look quite difficult now, once you have learned a few you are likely going to find them to be much easier to learn. The only problem with kanji is that there are so many of them. 

Someone very clever once recommended I read Saya no Uta, and I absolutely loved it! 

Does this VN have a similar vibe?

2 minutes ago, Trickay said:

Someone very clever once recommended I read Saya no Uta, and I absolutely loved it! 

Yes and it's a longer story overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Trickay said:

it deffo has a horror vibe, but its not really as lovecraftian as saya, thats more like a hardcore lovecraft tribute of sorts, that said GSS has a ton of other horror references and even stuff that isnt horror (my favorite route in the game being a huge reference to through the looking glass (the second book in the alice in wonderland series) for example.

Think more of it as a classic asian horror piece of media, like the ring or dark water

hopefully they can pry renban amuse out of JASTs cold dead hands,  or hopefully princess X was a one off and they didnt acquire the rights to do all their stuff.

also: im really happy to see this thread getting tons of traction, the vn really deserve being enjoyed by a much bigger audience

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Maddie said:

it deffo has a horror vibe, but its not really as lovecraftian as saya, thats more like a hardcore lovecraft tribute of sorts, that said GSS has a ton of other horror references and even stuff that isnt horror (my favorite route in the game being a huge reference to through the looking glass (the second book in the alice in wonderland series) for example.

Think more of it as a classic asian horror piece of media, like the ring or dark water

hopefully they can pry renban amuse out of JASTs cold dead hands,  or hopefully princess X was a one off and they didnt acquire the rights to do all their stuff.

also: im really happy to see this thread getting tons of traction, the vn really deserve being enjoyed by a much bigger audience

It is quite nice to see it happening. I do hope that can happen as well as JAST would take their sweet, sweet, sweet time with anything they'd announce from this company.