Sign in to follow this  
Skarren

Your favorite route in Fureraba (might contain spoilers!)

So after completing all 4 routes of Fureraba, i was curious what everyone had as their favorite route/character. Mind you there will probably be spoilers intentionally or not in this thread, keep that in mind!

Usually i have 1 or perhaps 2 characters that really stand out, Ritsuko and Rise in "Princess Evangile", Kotori in "If my heart had wings" and Saya in "A sky full of Stars" to name a few examples.

While i enjoyed several routes in each of those games, not Ageha's, never Agehas......*cough* moving on. There were allways characters i instantly took a liking too.

Now for Fureraba, that doesn't really hold true, i...shockingly enjoyed all 4 routes almost identically. But if i had to say i enjoyed Misaki and Yuzuru's routes the most, while overal i'd say Himari was my favorite heroine as i usually really enjoy the childhood friendship blossoming into rommance stories, and Himari's was cavity enducingly suggar heavy :P

Thats not to say i disliked Rina as a character or her route, in this instance it's simply that i enjoyed the others far more.

In the end if i have to pick an overal winner for me, it will be Misaki i really enjoyed her story of finally breaking out of her shell, and finally experience having friends, something her...ahem....entourage prevented, while perhaps not intentionally.

Now, neither route had any real drama like alot of other rom-coms tend to have, some sucessfully others feel like the drama got shoehorned in just for the sake of having it. But i didn't feel like Fureraba really needed it, it isn't really that kind of a story. This held especially true for Himari's route, there was no difficulties they really had to overcome, and i didn't feel her story really needed it, this was more two friends re-connecting and discovering a new path to their relationship, while keeping under the radar of some.....encouraging....mothers.

I would like to thank NekoNyanSoft for their work on this game, while the translation was not perfect, i have seen worse and i greatly enjoyed the days i spent on it, it stands as a great individual laugh filled fun read and as a great introduction for NekoNyanSoft to show they are here and a potential big new player in the english VN world!

Rambling at an end! :P

• Like 3

It's always nice to hear someone enjoying Fureraba so much :x
Thanks a lot! We hope you will enjoy our future releases as well!

Sanoba_1458.jpg

• Like 1

Moege is the lifeblood of the world, everyone needs moege in their life clearly!

And i'm already eagerly awaiting your next release! while it's not my most anticipated upcoming Neko title, actually from the 4 incoming titles it's probably the one i'm the least exited about, but it still sounds like a good read so it's definently a day one. Melty moment and Sanoba witch are definently my most anticipated titles though! Don't get me wrong the stories in all 4 sound interesting, but the other 3 has main heroine designs i like more :P i mean Melty Moment has like an 80% waist long haircut ratio! (yes that would be my favorite hairstyle for anime characters :p)

Now if only someone would translate Da Capo 3's Platinum Partner sequel, the original Da Capo 3 couldn't have had a bigger "TOO BE CONTINUED" ending even if it tried :P

2 hours ago, Neb Neb said:

It's always nice to hear someone enjoying Fureraba so much :x
Thanks a lot! We hope you will enjoy our future releases as well!

Sanoba_1458.jpg

I don't know because I only made it up to the OP then I dropped it. Don't know why I expect anything from moege at this point.I'll just wait for Hello Goodbye to come out and maybe some plotge announcements

2 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

I don't know because I only made it up to the OP then I dropped it. Don't know why I expect anything from moege at this point.I'll just wait for Hello Goodbye to come out and maybe some plotge announcements

Well, plenty of options are out there. I generally wait to hear others' impressions before deciding to buy a new-release myself. 

1 hour ago, Tsukishiro said:

Well, plenty of options are out there. I generally wait to hear others' impressions before deciding to buy a new-release myself. 

It's a problem when you've played all the interesting plotge and have basically run out of options and can only hope for good new releases to entertain you. Feelsbadman

22 hours ago, Skarren said:

shockingly enjoyed all 4 routes almost identically

I don't know if it was Hooksoft and/or Smee, but I read somewhere that they try to make an effort to have the same quality on every route. I really enjoyed Fureraba, but I found the Smees games after it to be even better, カノジョ*ステップ and MakingLovers had me on my knees laughing tears and getting all warm and fluffy (damn, I use this word waaaaay too much...) even more often than Fureraba. Not saying it's bad, it's freaking glorious.

12 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

It's a problem when you've played all the interesting plotge and have basically run out of options and can only hope for good new releases to entertain you. Feelsbadman

Switching to Books or Light Novels might be your only option for that plot-itch. Or old (J)RPGs if you aren't already playing those. Not much you can do when your """fetish""" is as minor as * real plot*. But I know that feeling, I switched to ominvorous consume of games and books because the ones I really wanted were either not available or not in existence. Breaking out of your comfort zone sometimes really works wonders.

2 minutes ago, Nelico said:

Switching to Books or Light Novels might be your only option for that plot-itch. Or old (J)RPGs if you aren't already playing those. Not much you can do when your """fetish""" is as minor as * real plot*. But I know that feeling, I switched to ominvorous consume of games and books because the ones I really wanted were either not available or not in existence. Breaking out of your comfort zone sometimes really works wonders.

The problem is that I get extremely bored reading books and I don't particularly care for the light novel medium.

My thing is mainly just any type of major drama, which unfortunately isn't easy to find in VNs unless you learn Japanese.

Just now, Virgin Smasher said:

My thing is mainly just any type of major drama, which unfortunately isn't easy to find in VNs unless you learn Japanese.

Well, yeah, learning japanese is like some kind of eternal youth wonder remedy^^"

Just now, Nelico said:

Well, yeah, learning japanese is like some kind of eternal youth wonder remedy^^"

Indeed it is. I will be learning it throughout this year and will hopefully be done next year so I can get out of this dilemma.

• Like 1

I avoid plotge like the plague. Anything with major drama I don't wanna touch with a 10 foot pole.

Also, Himari is best girl.

Himari > Misaki > Rina > Yuzuyu for girls and routes.

24 minutes ago, Hainiryuun said:

I avoid plotge like the plague. Anything with major drama I don't wanna touch with a 10 foot pole.

Also, Himari is best girl.

Himari > Misaki > Rina > Yuzuyu for girls and routes.

Do you mean drama in general or drama that involves the love interest? there are many plotge out there where the main focus or "drama" has nothing or only little to do with the romance/relationship stuff, you just have an overarching plot. if things go as planned, we're going to have one of the great ones for you next year, so maybe you could give that one a try^_^

But to answer what this topic is about...

My favorite route and girl kinda differ. I would have to say Himari is best girl, but my favorite route would be Misaki's, mainly because of the qualities Kyousuke shows in her route, and how he breaks one of the most annoying tropes ever. There's little that annoys me more than this whole "we could never be together, we live in different worlds" stuff whenever you have heroines of higher social standing. It's simply happening way too often. It's rather refreshing to have an MC who doesn't give a damn about that and states that it only comes down to what they both want. He also never does this "forcing one's own idea of what is for their best upon the other" except for one moment, but then immediately realizes his mistake.

Misakis route is definently the most satisfying of them storywise, and her Voice Actress really managed to bring her shy character to life.
I've come to the conclusion that i can't really have 1 route/character as the winner in the end, as they all had aspects of them that made them stand out.

I must say i especially liked the way they handled her "entourage" at the end of her story, they anoyed me at times to no end. They meant well but honestly in combination with Misaki's sometimes crippeling shyness, their need for protecting their "princess" didn't exactly make her dream of making friends easy. While Kyousuke's initiall reason for wanting to hang out with her might have come off as less than honourable at times and perhaps a tad too silly with him pretty much  running after her at times, as Akerou pointed out his good sides really came out well when her Route was "locked" in so to speak.

5 hours ago, akerou said:

Do you mean drama in general or drama that involves the love interest? there are many plotge out there where the main focus or "drama" has nothing or only little to do with the romance/relationship stuff, you just have an overarching plot. if things go as planned, we're going to have one of the great ones for you next year, so maybe you could give that one a try^_^

Music to my ears.

Btw, is this plotge of the charage type or the overarching plot type? 

Edited by Virgin Smasher

11 hours ago, akerou said:

But to answer what this topic is about...

Can you give us something so we can try to guess the title? xDxDxDxDxD 

To get back to our main topic:

Misaki all the way. Best Girl. Best Route. Best Chemistry with Protagonist. Best VA. Best Everything. Second place goes to Ayabe.

33 minutes ago, Nelico said:

To get back to our main topic:

Misaki all the way. Best Girl. Best Route. Best Chemistry with Protagonist. Best VA. Best Everything. Second place goes to Ayabe.

The other topic was more interesting than anything Fureraba had to offer. :reee:

1 hour ago, Virgin Smasher said:

The other topic was more interesting than anything Fureraba had to offer. :reee:

Lies! Or rather: Opinions! You known, those things that make you cry when you try to cut them into piec... No, wait, one moment... Ok, veggie close, but still applicable.

18 minutes ago, Nelico said:

Lies! Or rather: Opinions! You known, those things that make you cry when you try to cut them into piec... No, wait, one moment... Ok, veggie close, but still applicable.

Facts!

Seriously though, I wanted some clarification and got none, so I'm sad. Either way, this thread has derailed pretty badly.

1 hour ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Facts!

Seriously though, I wanted some clarification and got none, so I'm sad. Either way, this thread has derailed pretty badly.

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. I simply didn't get around to replying to your question since I was out of town because of a meeting.

It's of the the overarching plot type^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akerou said:

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. I simply didn't get around to replying to your question since I was out of town because of a meeting.

It's of the the overarching plot type^_^

Awesome. Now let me put on my sleuthing glasses and figure out which VN is a major possibility.

• Haha 1

I'm going to have to say Himari was my favorite route out of the four, but Rina is a close second. I mean it's sorta hard for me to choose because I enjoyed them all but in reality I think I just have a thing for the Childhood friend dynamics when it comes down to my decision.