Sign in to follow this  
gfrank2018

Amakano/Amakano Perfect Edition

Posted (edited)

Well, after a while lurking the boards, I decided to post one of my long time requests for localization. From all the titles I'd like to see localized, this is one of my favorites.

cf25181b4e698aacf57c21cf9f5e8a10.jpg

Description from VNDB

"This is the debut title by Azarashi Soft, which falls under the Nexton brand. It’s only the end of November and the hot springs town Yomase-machi was already a winter wonderland, having been dyed white from the falling snow. Yuuki moved to this snowy town to help his grandparents shovel snow at their home, the former boarding house Yamanouchi-sou. He met many warm-hearted people, including the shrine maiden Sayuki who worries about her inability to properly greet strangers, his mysterious but playful housemate and senpai Mizuki, and the local cafe’s cheerful and energetic kouhai mascot Koharu. Even though he was still feeling lost, he tried to get used to living in this snowy land. During that time, his grandfather suggested that he find love while he is still young and lead a new life in earnest. Now’s the time for him to take the first step and fall in love."

From the description, it's just your regular dating sim/moege/charage, but there's more than that. The ambience is calm and relaxed, mainly because it is set in a rural snowy town, far from the frantic tone of other moege. The stories are pure love ones, with marriage included, and the H-scenes are many, a lot, almost nukige level in amount, which I find interesting in this kind of game.

About the art, Piromizu, the artist, has a very recognizable style, and it blends amazingly with the backgrounds, which is not very common.

Last year, an adaptation of 4 hentai OVA was released. While the quality isn't the best (as it's common with this kind of animation) they're still pretty good if you're into vanilla. Having an anime adaptation always help with promotion, so there's that.

There's also a second game released, with 4 heroines instead of 3, and set in the same location.

Edited by gfrank2018
  • Like 5

Totally for this. There are never enough winter themed VNs and Amakano is great, the perfect kind of relaxed & fluffy romance.

• Like 2

I approve this, also Peak A Soul make the BGM in this game, they always make great soundtracks for VN

• Like 1

Aah, Amakano series is so beautiful. Please... Also, OP songs by Duca melt my heart...

There is 4 games in that series. At least I very want to play 1st part... 

Azarashi Soft liked me on Twitter, when I said that want to see Amakano in English :)

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 6:56 PM, Veshurik said:

Aah, Amakano series is so beautiful. Please... Also, OP songs by Duca melt my heart...

There is 4 games in that series. At least I very want to play 1st part... 

Azarashi Soft liked me on Twitter, when I said that want to see Amakano in English :)

I think it's probably one of the few games (if not the only) where I can't decide which heroine I would marry...They're all great!

Hope it gets translated some day, although I haven't seen much interest in the internet in general :(