Virgin Smasher

Shinsou Noise ~Jushin Tantei no Jikenbo~

I've decided to cut the weekly thing since I really don't have a lot of time to pick them out. However, I will drop localization recommendations from time to time, seeing as the quality for releases is above average with a few things in need of fixing.

Here is my recommendation for this post: Shinsou Noise

20161118221623997.jpg

Plot Synopsis from VNDB

This is the debut game for Azurite. Shizunomiya is a commuter town located on the outskirts of a big city. It has many urban landmarks, while still being full of nature on the sea side. In the middle of this town is Shizunomiya Gakuen, whose students often flock to the city after school to enjoy the wide assortment of entertainment there.

Kazuma entered the school this spring, but he is no ordinary student. He has the ability to envision the thoughts of others, however he is not able to discern the source. Moreover, these thoughts often overlap one another, creating noise that makes it hard to understand them. While he was born with this ability, he still cannot completely control it and often gets involuntarily exposed to strong thoughts. Nevertheless, he still leads a relatively normal school life.

First year students are required to form ‘action groups’ which have to do various events throughout the year. The groups are chosen randomly, and the unsocial Kazuma ended up with seven eccentric members. They didn’t bother to meet up, but just to do enough to fulfill their obligations as an ‘action group’. Shortly thereafter, there was a theft in the girl’s changeroom. This would be the first case for the ‘Reception Detective’ Kazuma.

This is a mystery/suspense ADV, so you’ll have to use your detective skills to solve puzzles and crimes. It employs a ‘voices of the heart’ system where you can tell what a character is actually thinking. You’ll have to collect clues to solve the crimes, which quickly escalate from a simple theft.

My reasons: I love mystery in VNs and this one has a lot of it, especially with the deduction system. Plus, the tags on VNDB get me really hyped to read this VN as well. It's dark, it's mysterious, it's suspenseful, and it has a really interesting plot. I really hope this gets localized one day, as it would be a treat to be able to read it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Antera said:

Would be great if we could get this one on English 

Completely agree. Not enough representation for good mystery titles as of late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Completely agree. Not enough representation for good mystery titles as of late.

Ye I really like this type of VNs. plus Art style is very very good 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Feels like Kara no Shoujo + Root Double. 
Interested

The Kara no Shoujo series is one of my favourites and Root Double was great as well. Good comparison.

22 minutes ago, Tsukishiro said:

Interesting, as well as unique. I'm quite fond of stories involving supernatural abilities or concepts. 

I'm quite fond of mysteries, which is why I'm so drawn to this. Also, it's a darker story and has a lot of suspense to it apparently, which I love in a story.

Although I have no clue how the license would work out as Liarsoft is with Mangagamer and Silky Plus is with Sekai Project and they both own Azurite. Well, I hope it gets a localization eventually from somebody.

1 hour ago, Virgin Smasher said:

The Kara no Shoujo series is one of my favourites and Root Double was great as well. Good comparison.

Have to play Kara no Shoujo, someday. 
Definitely plan to buy the physicals from Mangagamer, that's for sure. 
Root Double is one of my most favourites and my "fastest" reading record: 43 hours in about 3-4 days. 
That should tell you one thing or two about how much I liked it xD 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Have to play Kara no Shoujo, someday. 
Definitely plan to buy the physicals from Mangagamer, that's for sure. 
Root Double is one of my most favourites and my "fastest" reading record: 43 hours in about 3-4 days. 
That should tell you one thing or two about how much I liked it xD 

Yeah. Root Double would've been perfect if not for B's first half. Other than that, it is amazing.

• Like 1

btw, important mention, it has a clue game mechanic ala danganronpa to people that dig that stuff

2 minutes ago, Maddie said:

btw, important mention, it has a clue game mechanic ala danganronpa to people that dig that stuff

You're just making me want this VN more and more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Maddie said:

Say whaaaat 

Please localize their second game that they just released too plzkthx

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

We got his attention. We won. The VN will be translated 

I hope it will be true :winky:

6 hours ago, Neb Neb said:

:nani2: I got careless

Please keep in mind that we will not be replying to any of the threads directly. We want to see your unfiltered opinions without our involvement and you can trust us that we'll be keeping a close eye on everything posted here.

Nice job :star:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tsukishiro said:

Nice job :star:

I believe it's nice that an admin expressed interest in a VN. It's usually a good sign in terms of this type of thing. 

Edited by Virgin Smasher
  • Like 3

people would deffo be pleased by this vn, its not an incredible masterpiece, but a really good experience non the least. 

• Like 4