Tamaki Sakura

Typos and Quality Control

On 4/1/2018 at 10:56 AM, akerou said:

Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it.

We're going to do our best to fix those issues and release a patch along with the release of the steam version.

Now that the Steam version is, in fact, officially released (grats BTW, didn't expect it so soon after the release date got pushed back to a nebulous "SUMMER 2018"), have we also received or will be soon receiving this alleged fix-up patch? I'm about to the point gamewise of hitting next up on my backlog and Fureraba is a high priority, so I'd like to know where things stand on it.

8 hours ago, RisingChaos said:

Now that the Steam version is, in fact, officially released (grats BTW, didn't expect it so soon after the release date got pushed back to a nebulous "SUMMER 2018"), have we also received or will be soon receiving this alleged fix-up patch? I'm about to the point gamewise of hitting next up on my backlog and Fureraba is a high priority, so I'd like to know where things stand on it.

The uncensor patch is already up. You can find it in our store (free download).
We've also released an update that changes the default font and fixes quite a few typos. It can be downloaded from the library.

Spoiler

b211a8ff346e52b2eb7ad99509bdf4a4.thumb.png.3754fcb9238c5cbb44fe0472b98a8438.png

FYI, the patch breaks saves. If you load at a non-choice, you get a garbage line. Whenever you jump back via the backlog, you get a garbage line at what you jumped back to, as well. When loading at a choice, the choices are always garbled text. When selecting a choice (I tried at a confession choice), the game crashes.

save1.png

save2.png

save3.png

It doesn't break the saves per se, when you load an old save, it may have broken text initially, but once you jump back or proceed forward, there are no issues.
Normally you can't use old saves without the game crashing in general because of the way BGI is handling saves, so this is already the "fixed" version. It's certainly not optimal, but not avoidable unless you patch the save files themselves.

Is this patch available to download for the Deluxe Edition, or was there an oversight there?

I'm on the "My Games" page, but under "Extra Downloads", the patch isn't there, just 5 parts...

23 minutes ago, DeathJohnson said:

Is this patch available to download for the Deluxe Edition, or was there an oversight there?

I'm on the "My Games" page, but under "Extra Downloads", the patch isn't there, just 5 parts...

It should be now. It had to be added to the deluxe edition as well, which I didn't think of. Sorry.

• Like 1

Is the window still supposed to be titled Ver1.00? I didn't try to play the game before the patch, so I'm both fresh installing the original download and trying to patch immediately after but I'm not sure if the patch is working as intended. (i.e. I would expect the window to say Ver1.1 or similar, since that's what the patch is named.) [Edit: Since the default font isn't the same as all the screenshots posting, I'm gonna assume that means it's working correctly.]

I'm having some other problems with getting the game to run properly in general, but I should probably make a topic elsewhere for that. [Edit: I think I've largely fixed my own issues now regarding the game at large. I was having troubles getting it not to revert to default settings on game exit.]

Sneaking in another edit hopefulyl before anyone bothered to read my post in the first place: I don't know if it's the patch or by default but when assigning a function to right-click in the System Settings, the description of each option isn't correctly aligned with the option actually being hovered over. Backlog: "Auto-mode will be entered." Auto-mode: "The text box will be hidden." Etc.

Edited by RisingChaos
Fixed my own issues with the non-patch stuff I think.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:46 PM, akerou said:

The uncensor patch is already up. You can find it in our store (free download).
We've also released an update that changes the default font and fixes quite a few typos. It can be downloaded from the library.

Hide contents

b211a8ff346e52b2eb7ad99509bdf4a4.thumb.png.3754fcb9238c5cbb44fe0472b98a8438.png

Hello, is this update not available for customers who purchased the game on JAST USA's storefront? I've checked my game library on JAST's website and no new downloads have been added. I've also not been able to find a place to download this update elsewhere.

NekoNyan should create a fully accessible "free download" page that includes all 18+ patches, updates, and demos. That way it wouldn't matter where you bought the game.

Edited by Tamaki Sakura

19 hours ago, andretrek said:

Hello, is this update not available for customers who purchased the game on JAST USA's storefront? I've checked my game library on JAST's website and no new downloads have been added. I've also not been able to find a place to download this update elsewhere.

Sorry about that, we'll take care to make it available for download everywhere.

I started actually reading Fureraba finally. (Hooray!) While I fixed the other tech issues plaguing me originally, I still had the foresight to attempt saving the game. When I started the game, after entering the protagonist's name as the prologue started, I got a system warning box with jibberish characters, possibly trying to display Japanese characters? After clicking Ok, everything seemed to proceed normally but attempting to save the game displayed another jibberish system warning and no save file would be created.

I fixed the problem by moving the stupid file folder out of Program Files and restarting the game, weird because I already fixed the save-settings problem originally by making sure I gave myself Admin rights to run the game but whatever. Nonetheless, the warning box should be changed to read in English.

In Rina's route, chapter 10. After the last H scene, there is an issue where Rina's sprite changes from naked to pajamas and then to naked again.

She gets back her pajamas for literaly 1 sentence. https://imgur.com/a/c9fzeMh

Steam version+patch. 

Edited by Nocvt

43 minutes ago, Nocvt said:

In Rina's route, chapter 10. After the last H scene, there is an issue where Rina's sprite changes from naked to pajamas and then to naked again.

She gets back her pajamas for literaly 1 sentence. https://imgur.com/a/c9fzeMh

Steam version+patch. 

Hm, must be a patch issue then. I'm guessing one of the sprites isn't correctly changed to the uncensored version.
We'll fix it in the next patch version, thanks.

I've glanced over most of Fureraba's remaining typos (one that still comes to mind off the top of my head are some of Yuzuyu's texts have her name misspelled) but one very bad one I felt obliged to point out: End of Rina's route, Mahiro mentions how "hard-hearted" Rina used to be. Kyousuke responds "Hard-headed?"

There's a very large difference between those two things. 😭

On 6/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, akerou said:

Sorry about that, we'll take care to make it available for download everywhere.

Hello again. Has this update been made available yet? I've had no success in finding it for download anywhere and I've been waiting for it to start playing the game.

10 hours ago, andretrek said:

Hello again. Has this update been made available yet? I've had no success in finding it for download anywhere and I've been waiting for it to start playing the game.

It should be available on JAST & it'll also be available on our store soon.
We had to update the functionality of the product pages to accommodate for patches.

7 hours ago, akerou said:

It should be available on JAST & it'll also be available on our store soon.
We had to update the functionality of the product pages to accommodate for patches.

Do you know where exactly I'd be able to find it on JAST's website? I've checked my account's "My Games" page to see if any new downloads had been added to Fureraba but there's still only the links for Data parts 1 and 2. I also checked the game's page on their storefront and there isn't anything listed under Additional Downloads. Lastly, I checked their "Game Patches" page and there wasn't anything related to Fureraba there.

2 hours ago, andretrek said:

Do you know where exactly I'd be able to find it on JAST's website? I've checked my account's "My Games" page to see if any new downloads had been added to Fureraba but there's still only the links for Data parts 1 and 2. I also checked the game's page on their storefront and there isn't anything listed under Additional Downloads. Lastly, I checked their "Game Patches" page and there wasn't anything related to Fureraba there.

We sent them the patch and they said "We'll take care of it."
Unfortunately, I haven't confirmed where and how they made it available.