Sign in to follow this  
Nelico

Twinkle ☆ Crusaders

Posted (edited)

Have you ever wondered what would happen if someone would be crazy enough to mix your typical mahou shoujo series (not the madoka kind) with Lucky Star kind of comedy? If yes, then this would be most likely the outcome!

image.png.f676cebad8d561b674b9fe12a1420398.png

Sakura Shin is a hard-luck high school student. One day, by sheer dumb luck, he becomes the student council president of Ryuusei Academy, a position which he thought is given free meals from the cafeteria, as he has been raised in a poor family and is in need of money. Alas, no free meals for poor Shin and there is another little problem: His duties as student council president include the removal of demons that appear in the city. And to even further complicate poor Shins life a wannabe-badass plush panda informs him that Shins father is the former demon lord and that he has relinquished the throne in favor of his son. Protecting the city, hiding that he's the demon king, student council duties... And not even free meals. Will our protagonist ever have enough time to enjoy his school life???

So, why Twinkle ☆ Crusaders?

1. Cute girls

2. Great, flashy gameplay

4. Great soundtrack

5.  You play a friggin DEMON KING

6. A hilarious (-ly great) story

7. achievements, collectibles and easter eggs inclusive

8. Your sidekick is a megalomaniac wannabe-badass stuffed panda

9. Cute girls

About the game:

Twincle Crusaders is episodic with story segments, map movement segments where you either meet the heroine of your choice or side characters for collectibles, achievements or even possibly recruit them as support characters for the battle segments, and said battle segments where you and your party fight against the demons in a simple, yet addictive and wonderfully flashy combo-based turn based RPG.
Here a trial battle from the FD, as this was one of the only non-spoiler non-crossover battles I could find.

Spoiler

And here the cute 1st of two Openings:

Spoiler

Edited by Nelico
  • Like 3

I've been adding this one to request polls from other publishers for some time, mostly JAST since they were looking for games with gameplay but I guess they didn't want to bite. I picked up the PSP versions of Twinkle Crusaders and Starlit Brave, but I'd love for an English version of whatever could be brought over. (I expect licensing issues for Starlit Brave, but the original game and Passion Star Stream fandisc shouldn't pose any problems.)