Jump to content
Neb Neb

Fureraba release

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, HeadHunter said:

Download speed seems to be pretty slow, like 300-400 KB/s, wanted to play this as soon as I saw it :D .

There are some issues with the download right now. You can check this thread for updates on the matter:

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm about 7 or so hours in now and while I don't have any issues with the technical side or grammar of the translation, I do think the localization could have been toned down a fair amount. I think the conversations get very flavory with more cursing in the text than necessary with the occasional internet term like "Chad" popping up kind of taking me out of it. I don't think it's the worst ever or even overtly bad but for a first outing, I think it could have been a little bit better.  I mean, if the staff believed this was absolutely the best way it can be translated, I guess that sort of thing can't be helped but I just wanted to offer my opinion.

On a game side though, I really enjoy it. Very cute stuff.  I am doing Yuzuyu first and this is just the kind of "tsun" -> "dere" progression I love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, on the other hand, feel the opposite.

I am all for the localisation, but there are a number of grammar issues, from incorrectly placed commas, lack of commas, missing words, having a word too many, to words that don't quite fit. I have a number of screenshots exemplifying these, so I plan to post them somewhere or send them somewhere (where best to place them?) once I've finished a route, along with my explanations of what I believe could be bettered.

The game itself is fantastic, and these grammar issues do not actually bother me much, so I'm having an excellent experience thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Poltroon said:

I, on the other hand, feel the opposite.

I am all for the localisation, but there are a number of grammar issues, from incorrectly placed commas, lack of commas, missing words, having a word too many, to words that don't quite fit. I have a number of screenshots exemplifying these, so I plan to post them somewhere or send them somewhere (where best to place them?) once I've finished a route, along with my explanations of what I believe could be bettered.

The game itself is fantastic, and these grammar issues do not actually bother me much, so I'm having an excellent experience thus far.

Glad you're enjoying it. There may be commas or lack of commas in some place where it's intended to reflect how a line was said, but I'm sure there are a number of instances where those are genuine mistakes. We've put quite a lot of effort into QA, so hopefully, it's not too bad. You can send your findings to contact@nekonyansoft.com or post them in "Feedback" here in the forum.

We've already fixed some of the typos we saw on screenshots, and are going to release an update with everything fixed in the next 1-2 weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, garfe said:

So, I'm about 7 or so hours in now and while I don't have any issues with the technical side or grammar of the translation, I do think the localization could have been toned down a fair amount. I think the conversations get very flavory with more cursing in the text than necessary with the occasional internet term like "Chad" popping up kind of taking me out of it. I don't think it's the worst ever or even overtly bad but for a first outing, I think it could have been a little bit better.  I mean, if the staff believed this was absolutely the best way it can be translated, I guess that sort of thing can't be helped but I just wanted to offer my opinion.

On a game side though, I really enjoy it. Very cute stuff.  I am doing Yuzuyu first and this is just the kind of "tsun" -> "dere" progression I love

When you're localizing a game, you always need to look at things such as the general feel, atmosphere, and writing of a title to decide on what kind of localization you want to go with. We feel like for a light-hearted work that heavily relies on situational comedy, what we ended up going with works very well. There have been no "rewrites" of lines unless it was absolutely necessary to preserve jokes, puns and the like, and we tried our best to get it as close to the Japanese version while keeping the humor and flow intact as possible. There likely won't be nearly as much swearing in HGB or Sanoba as in Fureraba since it wouldn't work so well in those titles.

That said, it's also a matter of preference of course, and we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I hope this isn't ruining the experience for you and that you can still have a great time with the game^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, akerou said:

When you're localizing a game, you always need to look at things such as the general feel, atmosphere, and writing of a title to decide on what kind of localization you want to go with. We feel like for a light-hearted work that heavily relies on situational comedy, what we ended up going with works very well. There have been no "rewrites" of lines unless it was absolutely necessary to preserve jokes, puns and the like, and we tried our best to get it as close to the Japanese version while keeping the humor and flow intact as possible. There likely won't be nearly as much swearing in HGB or Sanoba as in Fureraba since it wouldn't work so well in those titles.

That said, it's also a matter of preference of course, and we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I hope this isn't ruining the experience for you and that you can still have a great time with the game^_^

I mean, at one point there's a little girl going "Holy shit!" at her mom. This stuff is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally quite like the liberties you took with the language, it seems to suit trolly humor of the game. I can't really be negative about it, because it made me laugh quite a lot from the very beginning. And for a non-native English speaker, translation seems to "flow" quite well in general, even though I might not know grammar very well, I do notice when translation has awkward sentences that make you stop and think for a second, which I don't notice much here.

Now, what I did notice, since I mostly can understand what they are saying when lines are voiced is that a lot of times some sentences were added to dialogue and they seem to fit well, even more some feels to be vital, I just wonder, were they also written in original and not fully voiced? (I'm probably overthinking this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the sounds of things the release is definitely up to the standard I wanted, hopefully you will confirm a physical release for it, if you do I will 100% surely buy it (as long as you don't price it ridiculously high like 100$)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, garfe said:

So, I'm about 7 or so hours in now and while I don't have any issues with the technical side or grammar of the translation, I do think the localization could have been toned down a fair amount. I think the conversations get very flavory with more cursing in the text than necessary with the occasional internet term like "Chad" popping up kind of taking me out of it. I don't think it's the worst ever or even overtly bad but for a first outing, I think it could have been a little bit better.  I mean, if the staff believed this was absolutely the best way it can be translated, I guess that sort of thing can't be helped but I just wanted to offer my opinion.

On a game side though, I really enjoy it. Very cute stuff.  I am doing Yuzuyu first and this is just the kind of "tsun" -> "dere" progression I love

The text in the original is fairly casual and loose, and considering the protagonist's personality and hobbies, terms like 'chad' definitely wouldn't be past him to say. I didn't throw words like that in there for the heck of it, and it's definitely not the kind of word I'd use in just any game. 

For the cursing, you have to remember that high school kids, guys in particular, curse a lot. A lot. Cursing in Japanese doesn't work like it does in English, so you have to go based on the character's speech style, and develop your own set of rules. I usually don't have characters curse when they're around characters who don't, for example (which is why I limited the protagonist's cursing mainly to his thoughts, and when he's with his male friends). In addition, all the characters that do curse often have gruff, masculine speech styles in the original, so it makes sense for them to curse in English. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chuee said:

For the cursing, you have to remember that high school kids, guys in particular, curse a lot. A lot. Cursing in Japanese doesn't work like it does in English, so you have to go based on the character's speech style, and develop your own set of rules. I usually don't have characters curse when they're around characters who don't, for example (which is why I limited the protagonist's cursing mainly to his thoughts, and when he's with his male friends). In addition, all the characters that do curse often have gruff, masculine speech styles in the original, so it makes sense for them to curse in English.

1 hour ago, Poltroon said:

I mean, at one point there's a little girl going "Holy shit!" at her mom. This stuff is great.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case it's more so just Smee's humor style lol. I can't remember exactly what phrase they used in Japanese, but it was just as hilariously out of place as that. 

Other examples include the random 'dog of the day' segment on the protagonist's TV in the living room where it's just some girl moaning really loudly, or the time they're at the pool at some little girl is on her dad's shoulders and accidentally confuses the word for 'tower' with the word for 'big dick'. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuee said:

The text in the original is fairly casual and loose, and considering the protagonist's personality and hobbies, terms like 'chad' definitely wouldn't be past him to say. I didn't throw words like that in there for the heck of it, and it's definitely not the kind of word I'd use in just any game. 

For the cursing, you have to remember that high school kids, guys in particular, curse a lot. A lot. Cursing in Japanese doesn't work like it does in English, so you have to go based on the character's speech style, and develop your own set of rules. I usually don't have characters curse when they're around characters who don't, for example (which is why I limited the protagonist's cursing mainly to his thoughts, and when he's with his male friends). In addition, all the characters that do curse often have gruff, masculine speech styles in the original, so it makes sense for them to curse in English. 

 

I did notice that the cursing seemed to be toned down when MC was talking with girls so I figured it was something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the game so far, not very far yet though. I don't mind liberties taken when translating, thats honestly to be expected.

But i am a bit curious, how does the routes work in this game? i haven't gotten to any form of selections so far, been busy today, but i notice from screenshots that you pick what to speak to characters about and such, are routes easily defined choices like say Princess Evangile, or should i save often and using lot's of saves to experiment getting to the character specific routes?

that aside, i had a hard time settling on a first character as i like them all, but when ever there is a childhood friend, i usually go with that character first for some reason :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skarren said:

Loving the game so far, not very far yet though. I don't mind liberties taken when translating, thats honestly to be expected.

But i am a bit curious, how does the routes work in this game? i haven't gotten to any form of selections so far, been busy today, but i notice from screenshots that you pick what to speak to characters about and such, are routes easily defined choices like say Princess Evangile, or should i save often and using lot's of saves to experiment getting to the character specific routes?

that aside, i had a hard time settling on a first character as i like them all, but when ever there is a childhood friend, i usually go with that character first for some reason :P

Wasn't Fureraba a dating simulator? 
I think the store page on NekoNyan's website mentioned that. 
Go show off your high-quality gentleman skills and make her fall in love with you! (?)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skarren said:

Loving the game so far, not very far yet though. I don't mind liberties taken when translating, thats honestly to be expected.

But i am a bit curious, how does the routes work in this game? i haven't gotten to any form of selections so far, been busy today, but i notice from screenshots that you pick what to speak to characters about and such, are routes easily defined choices like say Princess Evangile, or should i save often and using lot's of saves to experiment getting to the character specific routes?

that aside, i had a hard time settling on a first character as i like them all, but when ever there is a childhood friend, i usually go with that character first for some reason :P

I imagine the people who worked on this are more familiar with how it works exactly, but I'm on my way to a route and it works like this:

You select the girl you want to talk to and then choose what to talk about. This increases her affection points. When those reach a certain point, you get a unique scene with her. Then back to affection points, then back to a special scene until you finally lock yourself in her route.

There's a bit more to it, but you really can't go wrong. The system seems straightforward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Poltroon said:

There's a bit more to it, but you really can't go wrong. The system seems straightforward.

If only real life was like this....
....I probably wouldn't be reading VNs right now because real life would be sucking away my precious time. 
Thank God I suck at dealing with girls. 
 

Edited by MichaelBlueTheKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poltroon is absolutely right, but additionally, there are also choice options that will drop the affection.
So if you always pick the wrong dialogue options you will never be able to date the girl and the MC will stay lonely -_-

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in other words, save before every single choice and if you make a wrong one, load load and load! thanks for the info though ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skarren said:

in other words, save before every single choice and if you make a wrong one, load load and load! thanks for the info though ^^

It's not THAT extreme. It's actually quite forgiving ^_^

But you can still save if you want to read different dialogue options if you didn't like your first choice ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are around 4 different 'stages' in the conversations for each girl. Basically, you have to get to a certain point (which I'm guessing is affection based) which triggers a heroine-specific scene, and then after that you'll get new conversation topics. After completing this 4 times, you get the option to confess to them. Don't worry about getting a bad end for confessing at the wrong time or anything, you can choose it whenever. But do remember to do it before the 'deadline', which is when if you haven't gotten locked into a route you get the forever alone bad ending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying Fureraba quite a lot. Watching Himari get embarrassed and turn into a pile of moe goop every 5 seconds is wayyy to fun.

Edited by Hainiryuun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uhmmm I'd like to ask about the "Shop" I'd like to order Deluxe Edition and I tried to fill up the form and it seems like a "Cash on Delivery" setup(There's no mode of payment like Visa/Paypal)... does this mean someone will gonna come in my given address so that I can DL the Deluxe set in the Shop or it's already a physical release? *quite confuse* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aialize said:

uhmmm I'd like to ask about the "Shop" I'd like to order Deluxe Edition and I tried to fill up the form and it seems like a "Cash on Delivery" setup(There's no mode of payment like Visa/Paypal)... does this mean someone will gonna come in my given address so that I can DL the Deluxe set in the Shop or it's already a physical release? *quite confuse* 

Do you mean the fact that you have to fill out your Billing address? Its just usually used to match with your credit card. On the next step it should prompt you for payment, make sure you don't have scripts blocked, since it opens in separate modal window.

Edited by HeadHunter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, having finished all 4 routes now, I must say, Fureraba is one of the best moege I've ever played. A solid 9.3/10, losing points only to pre-route Yuzuyu and Rina having slightly too much H, for my tastes. Outside of a couple typos and the 1 unTL'd line, I thought this was a pretty good release. Looking forward to Sanoba Witch when it comes out.

Edited by Hainiryuun
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing how much people like the VN I really want a physical version of it, really hope that will happen shortly after FD is released with the FD content on the disk :) 

Nekonyan I am expecting great things from you, don't let me down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×