Black Heart

What are you playing?

What VN's you guys playing at the moment?

I'm close to finishing Little Busters! English Edition. Its fantastic. I would say LB is one of my all time favourite VN's.

I'm also slowly going through Imouto Paradise 2. I like it better than the first one.

I am also close to finishing Rewrite. Just got the Moon and Terra routes to go. Another great Key VN. 

And finally, Saku Saku, which I have not long started. I love the artwork in that VN.

Anyway, I hope we can make this a permanent thread. :) 

• Like 1

Recently finished first playthrough of Kara no Shoujo 2 and now going for the other endings. I have a few grips with the way they made some "detective" choices to make and first normal ending, I guess, was kinda... weird. Not gonna make conclusions until I see everything, but well, I still enjoy it nonetheless.

On the nukige side I'm almost done with Ochiru Hitozuma and wanna start Imouto Paradise 2.

• Like 1

At the moment I'm reading Rewrite and I'm on the Chihaya route. I'm having a hard time reading it since there are no waifus for me except Akane and the waifus are the main reason I can read 13 hours in a single day. Nonetheless, it's not a bad story at all, maybe a little slow for me in certain parts but definitely worth the read. 
And of course I'm gonna get that Oppai Ending. 

• Like 2

"A Sky Full of Stars" 

Though I forgot that I bought this game last Dec. I've started playing this game the night after I went hiking as I gaze upon the clear night sky in the country side far away from lights pollution in the main cities.

• Like 1

Good to see that Rewrite is getting the appreciation it deserves, it's arguably my favorite VN.

I was playing Hoshizora no Memoria up until recently. I finished one route and decided that I'll get back to it once SP fixes it up and releases Eternal Heart. I'm currently reading Kud Wafter using texthooking and my limited Japanese knowledge. It's slow progress, but it's a fun moege-like story so far.

Maybe I'll do Umineko afterwards.

• Like 2

It basically involves using a program such as VNR to extract the text from a VN and translating it using one of several options. I personally use Chiitrans lite. The Japanese text is automatically copied onto my clipboard as it appears in the game and pasted onto the Chiitrans's text window. The text is parsed and divided up by color and I can hover over words to see a definition.

Sometimes the parsing is incorrect, or some words are unknown or have a bunch of definitions that it's hard to find the right one, but it's not bad. I use the default dictionary, since I can't seem to get any others working for me. I'm actually not particularly knowledgeable about text hooking, you might want to search up on it yourself. Some people just copy the text into a machine translator like Google Translate and make do with that.

Pros: I can understand most lines of text in untranslated VNs thanks to it. It makes for some good reading practice too.

Cons: You'll need a grasp on Hiragana and basic Japanese grammar at the bare minimum, VNs will take much longer to read (since you'll have to analyze nearly every line of text), not recommended for games with deep stories or lots of exposition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just bought Rance X (but it's still loading Q.Q)

Currently switching between ノラと皇女と野良猫ハート2and アマカノ~Second Season~ to get at least a little bit of winter in my mind ^^"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going through Symphonic Rain; I got it a while ago, but I wasn't really motivated to read it till now :P. I'd definitely recommend it- the music and the atmosphere is just amazing.

• Like 1

I finally finished Eiyuu Senki the other day (GOLD when JAST? Preferably within a decade I hope...). I recently bought Radiant Historia - Perfect Chronology so I'll be playing that pretty soon-ish maybe; it's been about 6-7 years since I played the original version. Additionally, I still need to 100% Mario Odyssey and finish Xenoblade Chronicles 2 along with the last 2 routes of Dies Irae and the entirety of SubaHibi. -Sigh-...

• Like 3

Taking a break from Umineko and started reading Grisaia. I'm finding it to be immensely entertaining. I should've had it higher up on my list.

Incidentally, there's a cat named Kittymeow in the game. Of course, in Japanese that's Nekonyan. Coincidence...?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Reading Princess Evangile atm, on the Rise route which is the first route I am playing through, having a really fun time with it.

Yeah, I love Princess Evangile. I'm currently on the fandisc at the moment, W Happiness. I have the limited edition boxset of Princess Evangile. Comes with artwork, soundtrack and of course, the game. :) 

8 hours ago, Black Heart said:

Yeah, I love Princess Evangile. I'm currently on the fandisc at the moment, W Happiness. I have the limited edition boxset of Princess Evangile. Comes with artwork, soundtrack and of course, the game. :) 

Btw should I first complete the entirety of main VN and then go through W Happiness or should I complete a route in the main VN and then move on to the continuation of that route in W Happiness and then once I am done with that route move back to the main VN and do another route there and move on to W happiness and go back and forth that way until I have done all the main routes then do the sub characters in W Happiness? Btw I have both the original and W Happiness physically as well.

41 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Btw should I first complete the entirety of main VN and then go through W Happiness or should I complete a route in the main VN and then move on to the continuation of that route in W Happiness and then once I am done with that route move back to the main VN and do another route there and move on to W happiness and go back and forth that way until I have done all the main routes then do the sub characters in W Happiness? Btw I have both the original and W Happiness physically as well.

I don't think that's necessary. Either way is fine. But, for me personally, I would play the fandisc after I have played the main VN. :) 

On 3.4.2018 at 8:19 AM, bakauchuujin said:

When i played it, i finished a route in the main game, then went on to the fan disc and completed that characters route, not necessary, but i liked the continuation of it, when i had done that with all 4 main heroines i did the fan disc only routes for the other characters, oh how i wish Mitsuki had a full route :-(

7 hours ago, AngeTime said:

Reading Tsujidou san Junai Road and it's really fun so far. Still in the common route

I wish that VN worked for me. For some reason, it doesn't even launch when I click on the game. :( 

Anyway, I am going through Fate/Stay Night at the moment. I played for a bit ages ago, but, decided to come back to it. I'm glad I did. Its awesome.

10 hours ago, AngeTime said:

Reading Tsujidou san Junai Road and it's really fun so far. Still in the common route

I had quite a bit of fun with the common route for Tsujidou. This is one of the only VNs I can say I enjoy that is more focused on SoL.

Ai's route unfortunately was pretty mediocre with a few good moments, but Maki's route was really good. Still have yet to finish Renna's route.

On 01/04/2018 at 11:28 PM, Tsukishiro said:

Taking a break from Umineko and started reading Grisaia. I'm finding it to be immensely entertaining. I should've had it higher up on my list.

Incidentally, there's a cat named Kittymeow in the game. Of course, in Japanese that's Nekonyan. Coincidence...?

I've also finally taken the plunge with Grisaia and am really enjoying it, even though nothing has really happened yet it's immensely fun to read. Yuuji is awesome!

On 01/04/2018 at 11:49 PM, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

As for me: reading MuvLuv Alternative right now. 
Haven't even read half of it yet, but boy this VN is masterpiece on so many levels I can't even begin to describe it. 

Have you made it past chapter 7 yet? Such an amazing ride from there, I just couldn't put the VN down, to the point that I was pretending to go to bed early just to get as much reading time in as I could!