Sign in to follow this  
Black Heart

Anime

I don't really know what genres I like specifically, but right now I'm really liking Darling in The Franxx, so I guess I like Sci-Fi and Mecha (at the moment anyway). Plus Zero Two is just awesome.

Darling-in-the-FranXX-anime-image-654.jpg.b6f3b049d86b66fae56ff3593415cd39.jpg

• Like 1

I alternate between some serious anime and generic ecchi/shonen anime with boobs. 
I'm the type of guy who watches Kiseiju and then goes re-watching Masou Gakuen HxH. 
Don't have a particular taste, I just need to fall in love with one of the girls in the show and then I can easily enjoy even a splatter (just don't kill the girl I like and it's fine, but even if you kill the girl I like I can probably keep watching the show. With a broken heart, tho). 
Maybe if I had to pick a genre I don't like very much it would be slice of life. 
I need a start and a conclusion to the story. Can't find myself watching something that keeps going on and on without end. 

• Like 1

I would say "I like good anime" but I also like utter trash. If the show either features top tier waifus or is fundamentally great, I'll probably like it. Some favourites of mine though are Fate/Zero, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and of course, Boku no Pico.

• Like 1

I watch stuff from most genres but I prefer fantasy (isekai and traditional high/low fantasy), harem, seinen, comedy, ecchi, and whatever Reddit tends to latch onto. I do read manga and light novels occasionally so stuff that gets adapted into anime usually ends up on my list (such as Overlord, Death March, Kisejuu, To Love Ru/Darkness).  I've probably watched most popular shows from the 2006-2016 era. 

Tis a good feeling when you at least recognize all of the shows in Mother's Basement's video How to Survive a Harem Anime.

• Like 1

Just now, Black Heart said:

Well my two favourite anime this season are Citrus and Violet Evergarden. 

Haven't seen Citrus, but I'm loving Violet Evergarden so far. The OP is amazing as well.

• Like 1

I watch all kinds of stuff. Killing Bites is definitely my top show this season, I just love balls to the wall action, sexy and bloody.

Citrus is great, I like how they are trying to flesh out character relationships and their emotions.

Other stuff I watch this season:

Gintama - at this point this show is so familiar and cozy to me, its always fun to watch. I still feel like it lost something after Sunrise dropped it, but its still great fun.

The Ancient Magus' Bride - its a good show, but I think its really over hyped. I don't exactly like how the story is structured there, its kinda slow and in a way there's barely anything there, because everything always happens "suddenly" and ends just as quick, but its still pleasurable to watch when I kinda zone out thinking about it.

Darling in the Franxx - good stuff, I like this way more than previous Trigger work (Kiznaiver)

Black Clover - mostly a generic shounen, it kinda tries to get to the good stuff of shounens it tries to be, but skips the hard parts of building up to it.

Wow, I kinda went off on a ramble here, don't mind me >_> .

• Like 2