Feur Lehf

LOCALISATION REQUEST- Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

Just now, alchemicalhaze said:

When I asked SP about this and an August title, they made it sound like neither August or Sprite wanted to localize any of their titles, but since you guys are releasing titles without a safety net aka kickstarter, maybe that's enough to make the difference đź‘Ś.

Thanks for the info about Sprites possible stance on localisations; I'd never heard of this before now. I agree that Sprite may be more accepting of NekoNyan, since they don't use kickstarter. I mean, NekoNyan have stated in one of their previous posts that Japanese VN developers felt like localisation companies didn't have faith in their titles ability to sell well, as localisation companies seemed intent on setting up a safety net (kickstarter), just in case. If this is the reason that Sprite, possibly, wasn't interested in localising their titles, then maybe NekoNyan can change their minds.

• Like 1

Does anyone know where the rumor that Sekai was possibly picking up this VN came from? I couldn't find the rumor and wonder where it was first mentioned.

Also, just wanted to throw my support here as well for a future localization as well :) This project keeps being passed like a hot potato, so any team competent enough to convince Sprite to localize this properly would be awesome! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GamingKid said:

Does anyone know where the rumor that Sekai was possibly picking up this VN came from?

I think it was just coincidence, should have been around the time where SP started mugging every fan translation and every popular VN they could get their hands on and then the TL group going silent at the same time. Combined with AoKana being really hyped people most likely assumed that SP striked (out) again.

Would be my 2 cents on the rumor. Might be wrong, though...

7 hours ago, Nelico said:

I think it was just coincidence, should have been around the time where SP started mugging every fan translation and every popular VN they could get their hands on and then the TL group going silent at the same time. Combined with AoKana being really hyped people most likely assumed that SP striked (out) again.

Tfw Sekai Project still snaps up every single fan TL they can get their hands on, no matter the quality.

19 hours ago, Nelico said:

I'm pretty sure you're right.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:42 PM, Virgin Smasher said:

Tfw Sekai Project still snaps up every single fan TL they can get their hands on, no matter the quality.

Quote from Sekai Project:

Why are you buying fan-translations?

This has been a fandom for so long that relied on fans working on translating games they loved and wanted to expose new fans to amazing Visual Novels. But in the end, it relies on piracy and not supporting those creators that make these games we love. We want to acknowledge those fans who made amazing translations and support the creators that we love. If we can do both at the same time by working with these fans who did work on their own free time for the love of a project, and still support creators, it’s a win/win for everyone!

tl;dr It's because fan-translations rely on piracy rather than developer support, but they still appreciate their efforts. Take that as you will. I suppose it helps them to have a base to work off of as well.

2 hours ago, Tsukishiro said:

This has been a fandom for so long that relied on fans working on translating games they loved and wanted to expose new fans to amazing Visual Novels. But in the end, it relies on piracy and not supporting those creators that make these games we love. We want to acknowledge those fans who made amazing translations and support the creators that we love. If we can do both at the same time by working with these fans who did work on their own free time for the love of a project, and still support creators, it’s a win/win for everyone!

tl;dr It's because fan-translations rely on piracy rather than developer support, but they still appreciate their efforts. Take that as you will. I suppose it helps them to have a base to work off of as well.

You know, there are still people like myself, who imports VN's directly from Japan just so they can support the creators. The fan translations does not rely on piracy, though I will not deny that it does exist.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Tsukishiro said:

I support SP for picking up fan translations as it gives the group money for their efforts and it gives people a better option for buying the VN itself. However, my issue is that they don't check the quality of the translations they pick up and that can lead to less-than-average releases.

Edited by Virgin Smasher
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

However, my issue is that they don't check the quality of the translations they pick up and that can lead to less-than-average releases.

I'v heard from a friend that works as afreelance programer (or at least likes to call himself so) that they're only after the raw translations, any kind of quality check would cost money and time and money after all.

9 minutes ago, Nelico said:

I'v heard from a friend that works as afreelance programer (or at least likes to call himself so) that they're only after the raw translations, any kind of quality check would cost money and time and money after all.

And we all know SP does QC well...

51 minutes ago, El Mugaro Zombie said:

Well, Sprite will go bankrupt soon. So if you want to grab the license, the time is now more than ever.

http://aokana.net/news/2018/06/26/2835/

Wouldn't it be somewhat of a problem to release something by a bankrupt company? Mangagamer seems to really have had a major problem releasing if you love me, then say so after Chuable went bankrupt 

Well it seems like they are thinking of trying to get the title released in the west 

Guess it will be a desperate atempt at getting money to avoid bankrupcy so my guess would be that they will try a kickstarter. Well it seems like an interesting VN so it is nice that we are likely going to get it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

so my guess would be that they will try a kickstarter.

I will fund even their mother if they plan a kickstarter. they'll become so rich that bankrupt will go home crying by itself  

Maybe it is time for them to releases it on English and save company

Oh my gosh, eroge companies went bankrupt more often... Chuable, Lass, Studio Ryokucha, now Sprite... Oh my...

Japanese eroge market is a total disaster nowadays... Even if you are so popular, you still can fail and lost all... I really don't understand what happens. What Sprite said about his condition? How they will sell soundtrack collection planned at the end of year, and do some events then? Ogh...

Chuable said that "there are no other ways besides going bankrupt", and Mangagamer now goes in deep problem, because already more than year no news...

It is terrible also to wish VNs on the West, when every company absolutely has a chance to going bankrupt in any time... 

1 hour ago, Veshurik said:

It is terrible also to wish VNs on the West, when every company absolutely has a chance to going bankrupt in any time...

Guess our only way to help with that is to make the western market more profitable so more companies want to localize in the west before they go bankrupt and can use that to keep afloat.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:21 PM, El Mugaro Zombie said:

Well, Sprite will go bankrupt soon. So if you want to grab the license, the time is now more than ever.

http://aokana.net/news/2018/06/26/2835/

Really hoping that Aokana’s one of the new titles acquired by NekoNyan. I can kinda see it happenin, but at the same time, my inner-negative self tells me it definitely isn’t :alsonotamused:

• Like 1