Sign in to follow this  
twisted

Aokana Latest Update Crashing and Performance Issues

The latest update for Aokana on steam which was meant to improve performance has actually made it a lot worse for me and also introduced crashes which appear to happen after reading for a long time. 

I noticed that after I play for a while (1 hour+) the game starts to slow down, there are lots of little freezes especially when there are lots of sprites or effects on the screen, and eventually the game crashes. When it happened to me today I opened the game again and skipped back to where I was, and it crashed again nearly at the same place so I'm thinking it has to do with how much I read and and not how long it's open. I attached the crash logs, I hope it helps.

error.log

output_log.txt

Edited by twisted

Hey again! It looks like you only have 1GB VRAM and that's a bit low for long sessions of 1440p assets :nani:

Where did you buy your game? Steam or an 18+ version from a different store? We added a quick fix to the Steam version so if you bought it there you can try if it fixes your problem!

:sealofapproval:

I was playing with the 1440p assets off before the update, but I just checked and it looks the update turned them on automatically without me noticing. I turned them off again and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help.

• Thanks 1