Sign in to follow this  
Darx

[Eushully] Himegari Dungeon Meister

Greetings NekoNyan,

I am very intrigued by your foray into the VN industry and I would like to make a humble request: Himegari Dungeon Meister. Many years ago, Seiha Translations provided us with a fantastic fan translation for Kamidori Alchemy Meister. For a long time, I and many others across the internet wondered if we'll ever see another Eushully game translated into English. Since then, we've had somewhat passable interface patches and horrendous edited machine translations for some of their titles, including Himegari. But then I saw Mangagamer partner with Alicesoft and Sekai Project with GIGA for Baldr Sky 1+2 (think what you will about the latter, I can only hope it goes well I suppose).  These events have got me thinking quite a bit.

We've heard that Eushully (and other eroge/VN companies) do not want to release their games to the West and that idea prevailed in even the general VN community.  However, your statements that these companies are extremely eager to work with you guys intrigued me. Could it really be possible that we misunderstood them this entire time? Or have the conditions for the western market changed such that they might be willing to work with localization companies to bring their games over?

Understandably, this suggestion will be for a very large gameplay title (and not really a VN) but I think we'll start to see a stronger clamor for Eushully games with the recent release of Amayui Castle Meister. Other than the VN localization companies, I don't know who else to turn to.

Why Himegari Dungeon Meister specifically? Well, I love SRPGs and the gameplay in Kamidori Alchemy Meister was pretty good. It's like a Fire Emblem game that cranks the RPG aspects to 11. As a game in the Meister series, Himegari has many similar gameplay mechanics. Also, I hear Himegari is all about being the big bad maou trying to take over the world and I think we need more titles like that. Getting a massive harem is nice too! Also, it might be easier to get a license to an older title? 

Plus you get to work towards a LAW or CHAOS ending reminiscent of the Shin Megami Tensei series. That's neat I guess.

Also, Lilly is adorable:

27.jpg

Please do consider this title. You have my thanks. Also, it'd be nice to see the rest of Eushully's catalogue brought over to the west as well (e.g. Seikoku no Arterial and the Ikusa Megami series).

+1 for himegari

Eushullys recent works miss the kind of charme their old works have, and while the gameplay may be better (in some cases, at least) the story suffers some serious blows. Sankai Ou no Yubiwa has great gameplay but almost nonexistant story. And don't even get me started with Amayui Castle Meister... They really took all that was bad in Kamidori and put it into a new game.

forget just this game can we just start getting more eushully games over here? they're so good from what I hear...and well I'd like a better game than kamidori. The three heroines they chose are so...dry and boring. no elizaslyen? no hannah? no ragsmuena? come on any of them are leagues more interesting!

1 hour ago, Periah250 said:

forget just this game can we just start getting more eushully games over here? they're so good from what I hear...and well I'd like a better game than kamidori. The three heroines they chose are so...dry and boring. no elizaslyen? no hannah? no ragsmuena? come on any of them are leagues more interesting!

Eushully is notoriously against localizing anything from their catalogue, so it's extremely unlikely unless a fan TL starts up.

6 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Eushully is notoriously against localizing anything from their catalogue, so it's extremely unlikely unless a fan TL starts up.

What if fans held a kickstarter or something to raise money and show that there's market for such things in the west?

10 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Why? (whats wrong with extra profit?) 

6 hours ago, Periah250 said:

What if fans held a kickstarter or something to raise money and show that there's market for such things in the west?

Because hosting a kickstarter for a license that somebody else owns is pretty illegal. Plus, Eushully doesn't care about the West in the first place and it's hard to change a company's position on that.

15 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

That's too bad. Alchemy Meister was really good.

1 hour ago, Tsukishiro said:

That's too bad. Alchemy Meister was really good.

Aside from the super boring main girls it was.

On 5/4/2018 at 12:03 AM, Virgin Smasher said:

Yeah, that seems to align with what I've heard from a couple other sources. Maybe they'll relent one day but I figured it wouldn't hurt for more companies to at least try.  

It's a bit disappointing that no competent fan TL group has picked up any of their bigger titles (publically at least), other than Kamidori Alchemy Meister but we're not really entitled to anything on the side of fan TLs.

The good news is that Ninetail's looking to localize Venus Blood Frontier (http://www.ninetail.tk/tde10/), so it'd be nice to get some more gameplay eroge out to the west, but I have my concerns as to how successful the kickstarter would be without a large pre-existing community from a fan TL.