Sign in to follow this  
RisingChaos

"We both came to the conclusion that it would be a better move to first release one of their more recent games [before Melty Moment]."

I don't really mind, but I know next to nothing about Hooksoft and their games, so this wasn't a title I was eagerly anticipating.  I still intended to get it, but that's largely because right now I have faith in NekoNyan translating titles I'll actually enjoy.

Posted (edited)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Melty Moment was my second most anticipated title of their original crop, before I knew anything about Fureraba and how awesome it is. Sanoba Witch was the only title I'd already heard of. Shame about the mosaics, though.

I disagree with the conclusions NN and Hooksoft draw that releasing a newer game will be a good idea in the long run. By what evidence do they believe Melty Moment will be a lackluster seller, and how will releasing a newer title first advantage them? Melty Moment isn't even that old -- it's the middle child of NN's original five -- and on paper it appears to have more in common with the wildly successful Fureraba (older plus by a Hooksoft subsidiary) and SW than it does the lackluster HGB. I would also think it's harder to sell the newest stuff first, and go back to sell old stuff later, than the other way around. Not that it can't be done but people get spoiled on the subtle improvements and quality-of-life additions that naturally occur over time. Expectations get raised and people get disappointed by the regression from newer to older. Additionally, it's not like any of Hooksoft's newer releases have been particularly highly rated or specifically requested by anyone here on the forums (or anywhere else for that matter), so there's no special demand to fulfill. What's the deal?

Edited by RisingChaos

I believe that Nekoyan is testing the waters, especially with Aokana's release. I think the most important factor that they need to consider is how well a product will be received if it has mosaics or not. And I think that they are finding that people really do not like them. ( I know that for me, finding out Aokana was mosaiced after I spent 35 bucks for it did not sit well with me).

As that ultimately will  be a deal breaker, especially when dealing with these types of games and with Melty being mosaics where as other games are not, I suppose that you can see why this game has been placed on the back burner.