Sign in to follow this  
Marvyxle

Karenai Sekai to Owaru Hana & Soi Kano ~Gyutto Dakishimete~

These two visual novels have caught my eye for quite some time now. The very primary reason is mainly because of how beautiful the art is, but of course there are other reasons too. (yes, I'm one of those people who look at art styles before anything else)

-Karenai Sekai to Owaru Hana (https://vndb.org/v19658)

This visual novel has fascinating art, appealing characters, and an intriguing plot. The art suggests that it's one of those typical happy-go-lucky visual novels, but according to the given plot, there are deeper and darker themes within it, which makes it incredibly mysterious and induces curiosity.102505.thumb.jpg.208bad01c08a958cb63aee1a593e27c3.jpg

-Soi Kano ~Gyutto Dakishimete~ (https://vndb.org/v22033)

In contrary to the above visual novel, this does seem like a happy-go-lucky romcom visual novel. It is a personal bias, but I can't help but be interested and attracted in new and recent visual novels. This is no exception. The art is just as captivating, and this plot gives off the impression that everything is indeed upbeat, however, there could be underlying secrets and explanations to certain wonders here and there. Overall, I'd say this visual novel gives off a very fun feel to it and I'm sure most people would enjoy this. Also, I'm a huge fan of school/slice of life/moege titles... (can't help it)gallery_img21_a.png.a1704bff3d50298a4e96c0e6ba06782a.png

(seriously though, aren't the art of these two titles just fabulous?!)

• Like 3

Oh, art in almost every visual novel are totally great. Unfortunately, that's only for art, usual scenario is really sucks, but not always, of course.

Anyway, I'd really want to see those two novels in English. Because I know that Karehana had a fan-translation, but something happened, and no news about that. That novel got a great reviews, by the way, that's totally worth it.

About Soikano... Where can you see else eroge about dreams? Wagh, eroge about sleep and dreams, so cute! Characters looks so great, and art... He-he. Thumbs up. Opening song "Slow Starter" by Uema Emi is attractive. But that's Giga title. Giga is... ehem... strict about West releases? That's a big company, ugh.

But every visual novel usually has ton of text. I think the standard moege with 10-30 hours is around 30K lines of text...

+1 anyway. I want them too!

The art looks great for both.  I would definitely like to see both of these in English.

For one, Giga is with Sekai Project currently, so I don't see the second one happening.

Karenai Sekai is one of the few charage I find myself interested in due to it apparently being pretty emotional, and I can always get down with a nakige/charage getting localized.

7 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

For one, Giga is with Sekai Project currently, so I don't see the second one happening.

Well Sekai Project is good at losing their partners

Edited by bakauchuujin

38 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Well Sekai Project is good at losing their partners

Fair enough. Although, I'm pretty sure Giga doesn't want to localize their titles in an 18+ format, so negotiations would fail anyways.

10 minutes ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

They have Baldr Sky Dive in plan, if I remember correctly. But ye, Denpa is not listed as publisher so they'll probably just release an all ages version 

Always hard to predict what SP is going to do though since they seem to plan things poorly and thus change their plans often. For example there was the removal of mosaic on chrono clock because of the backlash they got as well as how they initially planned to only have the ps vita version of root double release on north American playstation store then changed it to also include Europe once they got backlash. 

Edited by bakauchuujin

Speaking of which, they recently announced they are going to re-visit the Hoshimemo (and Chronoclock) translation and that will delay the release of the kickstarter's rewards. 
People got really angry about that, but I'm a backer aswell and I didn't care that much. Of course it's a pain but at least they want to fix their work. Not like MoeNovel did with KonoSora. 
Sure, they could have done it better since the beginning but heh. 
Mistakes are often made.
I have too many VNs to read anyway, a bad translation with no chance of fixing will affect me but a delay will not. 

1 hour ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Mistakes are often made.

Especially by Sekai Project, quite sad since I mostly go for physical editions and their kickstarters are just too unreliable for me.

• Sad 1

If i knew it was just some months of delays I would probably pledge if I wanted the VNs. The problem is more so that I don't know if I can trust them in regards to translation quality before the VN is released, also the potential years of waiting that can happen. I really pity the people who pledged for Grisaia and had to wait that long, pretty sure they are still waiting for their physicals.

Sorry, my bad. 
The point is: even if I wait 3 years, as long as I receive it I'm fine. That's the most important difference between official localizations and fan-translations. With the latter, you are never 100% sure they'll make it. 
Also, Sekai Project has shown itself to be quite "open" to customers' complaints. Unlike MoeNovel, to mention one. 
That leaves room for future improvement, in my opinion. 

p.s.: we are still off topic, but heh xD 

25 minutes ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Also, Sekai Project has shown itself to be quite "open" to customers' complaints.

While it is good that they are, it isn't really something that we should praise them for. I mean, being open to customer complaints should be natural for a company. Especially one as prominent in the VN localisation scene as Sekai. Yeah, there are some companies like MoeNovel that don't listen to customer feedback at all (at least to my knowledge anyway), but that doesn't mean that we should be grateful to Sekai for doing something that they should have been doing in the first place. Plus, Sekai only really started listening and acting on customer complaints recently, and those actions are almost definitely a result of the backlash that they've received over these past months.

Despite what it may look like, I don't hate Sekai. I just don't wanna see them getting praise for things that they should have been doing in the first place. I know that's not what you were saying, but I kinda just felt like saying this.

Oh, and sorry for adding on to the off topic responses xD

• Like 1

My problem with how Sekai Project deal with complaints is that they seem to only act as a reaction rather than keeping the things in mind for future titles. It would be much better if they took the critisism and used it to make sure they did a better job, however this seems to not be the case. I am kind of thorn in Sekai Project though, while I think they have given us good titles I do feel like the way they do buisness is really annoying. I hate the pay for steampatch especially since the denpasoft site isn't the best. I don't like that they only sell physicals through their kickstarters which seem to usually have lots of problems. They also seem to stretch themselves way to much taking on way to many titles and thus not being able to make sure the titles are released in a good condition or in a timely manner. I gues in some ways I kind of hate them for this though as I said I do like some of their VNs though this kind of makes it worse since they release it in a way I don't like and I otherwise would be able to just ignore them.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

I hate the pay for steampatch especially since the denpasoft site isn't the best.

Maaaan, I understand you so much xD 
It's pretty much the 5th time I have to write to Denpa's support because the download links of the game I've bought just disappeared for no reason xD 
Maybe things will get better in the future, I'm positive.
Maybe.
I'm positive.