blueskydreams

Trails of Cold Steel 3 Localization Announced

The localization for the Trails of Cold Steel 3 has been officially announced for release in Fall 2019 for PS4! A rather surprising part of the announcement is that Xseed Games won't be handling the localization. It is instead being handled by NIS America with members of the localization staff from Cold Steel 1 and 2 working on its translation.

Looks like it's time for me to get started on my playthrough of The Legend of Heroes series!

Source: RPG Site

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/8185-nis-america-announces-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-to-release-in-north-america-and-europe-in-fall-2019-for-playstation-4

7427F757-5AD6-432F-B177-019258B0870C.jpeg

Edited by blueskydreams
  • Like 3

After the sewage waste that was the Ys viii localisation (loved the game though) , I'm surprised Falcom is still willing to give NIS America another chance at touching another one of their games. Let's just hope they'll be able to redeem themselves with this one. :sigh:

5 minutes ago, DarthSteel said:

YES!

Wait, it's not Xseed?  What?

And they aren't doing a PC port?

WHAT THE HECK!?

I’m sure that the PC port will come. Even the previous titles didn’t initially come to PC until later. Also, it may not be Xseed but the title is in very good hands. I have faith! :cutesmile:

Edited by blueskydreams
  • Like 1

I mean, seriously, I've spent HUNDREDS of hours completing multiple playthroughs of both I and II, anticipating being able to import my saves to CSIII when it was finally localized, and now it's going to be PS4 only?  WHY?

I'll still buy it.

Dang-it.

1 minute ago, blueskydreams said:

I’m sure that the PC port will come. The previous titles didn’t initially come to PC until later. Also, it may not be Xseed but the title is in very good hands. I have faith! :cutesmile:

Ah, I didn't even realize the other two games were on something OTHER than PC for English, lol.

Guess I'll wait to see if a PC port is also announced.  I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

28 minutes ago, DarthSteel said:

Ah, I didn't even realize the other two games were on something OTHER than PC for English, lol.

Guess I'll wait to see if a PC port is also announced.  I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

Yes, Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 were only released for both PS3 and PS Vita initially. Those were the only platforms that Falcom had developed those two games for. The PC port is kind of a western thing since Falcom doesn't do PC versions of their games. The PC and upcoming PS4 versions were thanks to XSEED. In fact, I read somewhere that XSEED's work on the PC versions is so good that Falcom is using it for their PS4 release.

30 minutes ago, DarthSteel said:

I mean, seriously, I've spent HUNDREDS of hours completing multiple playthroughs of both I and II, anticipating being able to import my saves to CSIII when it was finally localized, and now it's going to be PS4 only?  WHY?

I'll still buy it.

Dang-it.

Well, the year is still very young. Have faith! There is plenty of time before Fall for NISA to announce something for PC fans. I highly doubt that they are being forgotten. As I've understood it, ports usually come after the initial platform release because of all of the work that goes into them. 

Unfortunately, NISA made no mention regarding import saves so far...

Edited by blueskydreams
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, blueskydreams said:

Well, the year is still very young. Have faith! There is plenty of time before Fall for NISA to announce something for PC fans. I highly doubt that they are being forgotten. As I've understood it, ports usually come after the initial platform release because of all of the work that goes into them. 

Unfortunately, NISA made no mention regarding import saves so far... 

I saw somewhere that CS III doesn't import saves from II, but IV imports from III.  I don't know if that's accurate, but if it is, I might just buy the PS4 version instead of waiting for a PC port.  I DO have a PS4, even though I almost never use it.

• Like 1