Jump to content
Tom-Cruise

RIP Fureraba 100% steam positive review

Recommended Posts

Oy, why would you spend sixty four hours on a VN that you can't recommend, LOL.

Fureraba is far from my favorite, mostly because of the MC, who I can't stand, but I still enjoyed it as a whole, and intend to buy the fandisk when NekoNyan gets around to releasing it!

Honestly, I could understand someone not liking it and giving a negative review, but not after spending well over sixty hours on it...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tom-Cruise said:

It gone. My hope. My dream. My motivation. My ambition. All gone. Ded. 

1

Clearly..... :notamused:

 

6 hours ago, DarthSteel said:

Oy, why would you spend sixty four hours on a VN that you can't recommend, LOL.

Fureraba is far from my favorite, mostly because of the MC, who I can't stand, but I still enjoyed it as a whole, and intend to buy the fandisk when NekoNyan gets around to releasing it!

Honestly, I could understand someone not liking it and giving a negative review, but not after spending well over sixty hours on it...

I could never spend 64 hours on a VN that I didn't like. Much less even a few hours.

Well, it would seem that this reviewer completed the VN with the number of hours that they put into the game. From reading what they wrote, I am getting the impression that they didn't get the hint of what kind of a VN this is at all while playing and were expecting it to be something that it's not. I mean, for myself, I kind of got the hint, even before reaching a heroine route, when the MC declared that he wanted a girlfriend and overall atmosphere that the game was emitting, what this VN was going to be about. Calling a game repetitive and yet putting that many hours into the game despite not liking it, I call BS on this review.

Edited by blueskydreams
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, blueskydreams said:

Clearly..... :notamused:

 

I could never spend 64 hours on a VN that I didn't like. Much less even a few hours.

Well, it would seem that this reviewer completed the VN with the number of hours that they put into the game. From reading what they wrote, I am getting the impression that they didn't get the hint of what kind of a VN this is at all while playing and were expecting it to be something that it's not. I mean, for myself, I kind of got the hint, even before reaching a heroine route, when the MC declared that he wanted a girlfriend and overall atmosphere that the game was emitting, what this VN was going to be about. Calling a game repetitive and yet putting that many hours into the game despite not liking it, I call BS on this review.

Same here.  I usually have a pretty good idea by the time I'm one to two hours in whether or not I'll enjoy a VN, and if the answer is no, I just delete it from my computer.  I'd rather replay one of my favorites then spend three days 100%ing a game I don't even enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fureraba was a bit mediocre in my opinion but i'd be hard pressed to label it bad. it was fun and enjoyable even if I only played a single route it was worth at least a mostly positive review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to point out that the reviewer didn't necessarily play 60 hours. They could have quite easily just left the program open when they went to bed or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CrazyYanmega said:

I'd like to point out that the reviewer didn't necessarily play 60 hours. They could have quite easily just left the program open when they went to bed or something.

While I can acknowledge the theoretical possibility, I have trouble imagining them leaving it running THAT long.  Even if they left it running while going to bed, that would normally only add eight to ten hours at most.  Over sixty hours is very close to running the game non stop for three straight days.

Now, I'm a weirdo who always turns his computer OFF whenever I go to bed or leave the house, so I have trouble understanding leaving ANY program running when I'm not using the computer, but that's just me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CrazyYanmega said:

I'd like to point out that the reviewer didn't necessarily play 60 hours. They could have quite easily just left the program open when they went to bed or something.

 

30DAEB8B-A7C1-4AC7-A51E-B299C0EC955A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually found Fureraba quite enjoyable as well.  I found the character's personalities different enough (especially Yuzuyu who I absolutely loved!).  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely don't consider Fureraba one of the best visual novels I've ever read, but it to me it was a nice and easy one to read. I thought it was easy enough to get into and enjoy it if you didn't look too deeply into the overall plot. If you just let yourself get taken along for the ride I feel like you could easily enjoy Fureraba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×