Periah250

Request submission for Haru to yuki,

I cannot post the image for it as it has nudity in it.

https://vndb.org/v22894

The game is only a few months old but hey its premise is bizarre and intriguing so I'd like to throw this into the ring.

Edited by Periah250
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Periah250 said:

Is akabeisoft notorious for something?

If I remember correctly, the big boss hates Gaijins and is not inclined to localizations. 
But that was for AkabeiSoft2, I'm not sure it's the same thing for 3. 

9 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

If I remember correctly, the big boss hates Gaijins and is not inclined to localizations. 
But that was for AkabeiSoft2, I'm not sure it's the same thing for 3. 

I really don't understand the stigma against localizations, don't companies love money?

1 hour ago, Periah250 said:

I really don't understand the stigma against localizations, don't companies love money?

Western society likes nonsense censorship and western parents love to throw shit at everything to justify their inability to properly educate their children. And this is something a "superior society" like Jappoland doesn't appreciate. Like things with Steam that occurred not so long ago (for NekoNyan it's still going on, actually) or the older scandal of RapeLay. 
Jappoland doesn't like when the west makes a fuss about videogames. 
Jokes aside, I'm not sure but it's somehow related to the cultural difference.
And while this is a big bother for us (like we can't get beautiful Light Novels translated because of Kadokawa) I think I understand where this is coming from. 

8 hours ago, Periah250 said:

I think it involves more than just "loving money." I am positive that there isn't a single company out there that doesn't love money.

I think with localizations: costs, the viability of whether their game going to sell or not, social issues and beliefs like MichaelBlue stated. You can call it whatever you like but you have to understand that Japanese culture is very different from ours. They have a very set way of thinking that includes how they conduct business. I think that NekoNyanSoft mentioned that most of the localization companies over here are now relying on crowdfunding and they brought up the fact that some of these companies just don't like that. Some companies ask for an upfront cost for their titles that can be very expensive like what I heard AquaPlus was asking for White Album 2 (#2 on my "Want to Play" list). Others, just don't want anything to do with us because we are considered outsiders in their minds. 

There have also been scandals for things that are considered okay in Japan that were definitely not okay here. The RapeLay Scandal alarmed a lot of people and companies in Japan felt threatened by it. Minori, of EF: A Fairy Tale of Two, is a great example of a company that, for quite a while, did not want to have their titles localized out to fear of what happened in RapeLay. And of course, there are the issues with Steam and views on censorship that are causing all sorts of problems.

But on the bright side, compared to 10 years ago, we have way more Visual Novels to read than back then. The landscape mostly consisted of fan-translations and MangaGamer and JAST were the only localization companies back then. Not to mention that their localizations sucked. They had no set standards and were complete messes. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, not many Japanese companies wanted anything to do with us or considered us as potential customers. Those were the dark days.

Now more Japanese companies are willing to let their titles be localized, have established partnerships, and lines of communication compared to back then. English localizations don't suck for the most part and we are getting games that would not have been possible otherwise. 

Edited by blueskydreams
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, blueskydreams said:

But on the bright side, compared to 10 years ago, we have way more Visual Novels to read than back then. The landscape mostly consisted of fan-translations and MangaGamer and JAST were the only localization companies back then. Not to mention that their localizations sucked. They had no set standards and were complete messes. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, not many Japanese companies wanted anything to do with us or considered us as potential customers. Those were the dark days.

In 10 years from now I could finally receive Walkure Romanze translated... or learn Japponic by myself :smug:

On 12/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

In 10 years from now I could finally receive Walkure Romanze translated... or learn Japponic by myself :smug:

Those are both options. I would say that learning Japponic would be the more productive option because you could read all of Walkure Romanze and more. Years ago, I actually took up learning Japanese in order to read Ao no Kanata because of how drawn I was and still am to the game. 

• Like 2

I've slowly started working on learning Japanese myself, but WOW is it slow going.  I still have to check my Hiragana and Katakana charts for the right sounds, and only have a couple dozen Kanji memorized.

6 hours ago, DarthSteel said:

I've slowly started working on learning Japanese myself, but WOW is it slow going.  I still have to check my Hiragana and Katakana charts for the right sounds, and only have a couple dozen Kanji memorized.

Oh, I know how you feel. Starting out when learning a new language can be very slow. It doesn't help that Japanese just so happens to be one of the hardest languages you could take up. It took me an entire year and a beginner Japanese class to get just the basics down before I was able to truly began self-teaching myself Japanese.

• Like 1

Just think of all the rewards you get for knowing japanese. Being able to read VNs that will never get translated, being able to read things from official japanese sites, things like official VN site or anime site and if you go to japan you can pick up a ton of cheap used manga in good condition. Think about those kind of things as motivations.

• Like 1