StratMag

Antivirus detecting Sanoba Witch as Malware

I just tried to extract the .rar file I got in my email when I purchased Sanoba Witch directly from the NekoNyan store page.About half way through, my antivirus detected a malware file within the game and blocked it. So now, I can't play the game at all because the .exe to run the game got sent to my quarantine. I've provided the details of my antivirus below.

I run an automatic scan daily on startup, and that came back clean less than 30 minutes before trying to run the extraction after buying the game. Could it have somehow made it into the game's files?

SW Malware Warning.PNG

I just checked the files myself and for me there is no warning at all when I check with multiple anti virus software.
We had someone tell us that Avast identifies it as a false positive and I see you're using Avast too. So maybe it has something to do with it.

Also note that I was unable to install with Avast active - I would get a "failed to copy" error every time I tried.  Disabling Avast solved the issue.

Ah okay... I don't think we can fix that issue Avast has with the exe... :sosad: I hope that not more people are affected by it