Sign in to follow this  
Tanner

Hello everyone

I discovered this site a few months ago but only got around to making an account recently.  I know that's kinda late, but better late than never I guess?

My history with Visual Novels go's back to when I played Katawa Shoujo in 2013, which is what got me into reading Visual Novels.  Ive now read all sorts of em now, and am really looking forward to Sabbat of the Witch releasing tomorrow as well as any future novels that become available here.  If anyone ever has any recommendations for me or want some recommendations, don't hesitate to message me.

Welcome!

As far as recommendations go, I'm not really sure what your tastes are, so I'm not entirely sure where to start.  I guess one of my personal favorites would be the Da Capo series from Mangagamer - I really like the way all 3 games tie into each other.  If you don't mind dark fantasy worlds, Type-Moon has some very well written games (Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime),  While I finished Fate/Stay Night, I never finished Tsukihime, the writing is very good, but the setting Type-Moon uses is just too dark for my tastes.

• Like 1

Not really a recommandation in itself but https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/20266-list-of-vns-with-official-english-release/

List of pretty much everything officially released in english with titles sorted into which company released them how many votes they have on vndb and the average score of the votes on vndb. Think it could be quite usefull when looking for interesting titles.

As for more concrete recommandations well Princess Evangile is quite a nice lighthearted VN with likeable characters and in my opinion generally quite good comedy. If you want something a bit more dark and story driven I would recommend euphoria, first part of each route is really heavy on H-scenes but the later parts focus more on the story which I think is really interesting, at least the execution of the story (btw it has a lot of disturbing parts). Since you haven't really mentioned any speficic genre you want to read from or that you want to avoid it is a bit hard to give a good recommandation though.

• Like 1

Ah thanks for the recommends, I Played Da Capo 3, then my computer died when I was on the last route and will have to start over. I am also currently reading through UBW after I got through the Saber route in FSN, although that will have to wait since im going through Sabbat of the Witch first since its been one of my most anticipated releases as of late.  I also really appreciate the list on the English releases for VN's, that will make it less of a headache to keep up with the releases.  As for my tastes, I've been really liking the Slice of Life genre, mixing that with Drama and Fantasy.  My favorite VN right now is Lucy the eternity she wished for, so you could also say im a sucker for the Onion Cutting Simulators. 

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2018 at 5:51 PM, Tanner said:

Onion Cutting Simulators

Okay, this made me laugh.

If slice of life mixed with drama and fantasy is your thing, then I'd definitely recommend picking up Da Capo and Da Capo 2, as well as Princess Evangile and Magical Marriage Lunatics.  Also, anything by Key - specifically CLANNAD and Little Busters, which both have official english releases now.