CrazyYanmega

Question Regarding Limited Edition Sanoba Witch Physical Bundle

On 11/20/2018 at 10:45 AM, Neb Neb said:

Sadly the process of making and delivering physical editions is a long one.
After showing you guys what would be included in the physical editions there will be a (pre-)order time period.
After confirming the number of orders we will then send them to the manufacturer and after that's finished we still have to mail them around the world.
All in all that process will take around 4-6 months depending on how smooth everything goes.

So we are really sorry but we can't make a Christmas delivery happen :sosad:

Our blog post regarding physical editions and our two upcoming announcements will soon be finished (currently building the websites for each product)! 

At least for me I don´t have problem waiting, I waited for the physical vita version of rabi-ribi for two years and now it was released a few days ago.
The only thing that worries me is about the quantity, like if it will be a pretty limited like a game from Limited Run Games in were the PO are sold out in a few minutes (1-3).
Or if it will be a open pre-order in where I must don't worry about the quantity.
In summary I don't want miss it.

Edited by Toshibe

don't mind me just waiting on Grisaia physicals, oh wait Sekai just gave those licenses back to Frontwing so now NEVER EVER I GUESS 👺👺👺

edit: without shelling out a billion $$$ for the Complete Box, I just want a regular hardcopy of Fruit

But Sanoba Witch interests me enough that I'll eventually settle for a digital copy, pending the timeframe and details of physicals. The sooner the better, but for the time being I'm more concerned about the Fureraba fandisc. *AHEM*

Edited by RisingChaos

37 minutes ago, RisingChaos said:

don't mind me just waiting on Grisaia physicals, oh wait Sekai just gave those licenses back to Frontwing so now NEVER EVER I GUESS 👺👺👺

Pretty sure that was supposed to have shipped out already, you should probably contact SP about not having gotten them yet.

I meant I want physicals in the Denpasoft store where I can actually buy them, not literally waiting for my shipment to arrive although I've heard some people actually are still waiting for some of their Kickstarter rewards. (Three years, ridiculous. And I feel bad for anyone who was ever hoping for the Vita port.) I wasn't really a part of the VN community back then and I believe they're not even 18+ copies anyway. I want an 18+ hardcopy but it ain't ever happening at this point. I like hardcopies of stuff, nevermind their ridiculous redownload policy since they changed their store makes it hard for me to trust them with my money.

Pretty much the only financially viable way to do ongoing physicals after initial release in a niche industry is print on demand, which results in pretty terrible quality (and higher prices). 

If that's what I'm stuck with, I'd rather the company just offer high res case and disc files I can use to DIY my own physical copy.

It's definitely not canceled! I'm sorry for our long silence on this matter but we had to shift priorities around a bit.

Our first physical Edition will be for Aokana. So you will be able to see how we will try to handle all our physical sales in the future.

We underestimated how much time and preparation is needed to offer physical editions for a game.

We want to do things right from the start and don't want to set a bad precedent, with a messy first physical sale, for future physical sales.

We will keep definitely keep you posted on this matter at the latest when we finish the physical sale for Aokana! 

:notlooking:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neb Neb said:

It's definitely not canceled! I'm sorry for our long silence on this matter but we had to shift priorities around a bit.

Our first physical Edition will be for Aokana. So you will be able to see how we will try to handle all our physical sales in the future.

We underestimated how much time and preparation is needed to offer physical editions for a game.

We want to do things right from the start and don't want to set a bad precedent, with a messy first physical sale, for future physical sales.

We will keep definitely keep you posted on this matter at the latest when we finish the physical sale for Aokana! 

:notlooking:

I don't have problems waiting meanwhile it don't end up canceled :3
Then a physical release for this game will be a dependent of how aokana sells?

Posted (edited)

That's really disappointing to hear, honestly.

Edit: Specifically because I've been waiting for so long on physicals of Sanoba to start reading it.

Edited by RisingChaos