Sign in to follow this  
Kratosirving

REQUEST for the future - Fortissimo EXS//Akkord:Nachsten Phase

24803.jpg

Title: Fortissimo EXS//Akkord:Nachsten Phase

Publisher: La'cryma

There are several versions of the initial Fortissimo title. The original title came without any vocalizations for the characters, which the EXA re-release added. Afterwards came the EXA release - which added two routes for the two most popular female characters, as well as Ero or H-content. There was also the FA release about a year later, but I believe the only different between the EXS and FA titles was that FA removed the erotic content - An ironic play on words developed in my opinion, as EXS is an anagram for 'sex' and FA can stand for 'For All', but I'm going off on a tangent here.

Anyhow, I view the EXS title as the most definitive or complete version as it was voiced, added in two more routes to bring the total to three, and it had erotic content for all of the female characters so that there was something for the perv in everyone to enjoy.

The story and characters are heavily influenced from other shounen or action type titles, but one sticks out from amongst them - the ever popular Fate/Stay Night. There are so many similarities and nods to the series that it is impossible for me to list them all off of the top of my head.

As for why I believe this title deserves more love and a Western release, well, I honestly have a personal stake in it happening. There will be some who will know the titles in the Fortissimo series through the personal subtitles I did for Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, the re-release with added routes and ero content (which is this title, Fortissimo EXS//Akkord:Nachsten Phase) and the follow-up sequel, Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo.

I was randomly exposed to Fortissimo back in February of 2011. I was so enthralled and in love with the title that I soon started to record and upload what I still maintain as a Video Walkthrough/Playthrough with personalized fansubs in April of that year in hopes of spreading awareness of the title so that others could experience it and hopefully enjoy it as I had.

However, I've always known that the work I put forth with Fortissimo should never be accepted as anything close to resembling an 'official' or 'professional' work. As someone who is not proficient in Japanese and was only able to make the subtitles into something coherent through online translators such as Google Translate, Bind, Babelfish and a couple of others, I know very well that there has to be many things I got wrong or misinterpreted as I continued to work on Fortissimo, and therefore it became something more akin to 'my' take on the story rather than what it ultimately actually should have been.

I have drifted through a few anime forums over the years and have seen Fortissimo brought up every one in a while as a title that many would hope would get localized because they saw my work and either liked it for the same reasons I did, or hated the work I did and wanted it done professionally, which I do not blame people for believing.

I've done what I can to try and spread awareness for the title through the work that I did, bringing it up in other publisher's yearly surveys and the like, but I haven't seen much interest from any group so far in terms of getting that ball moving. It is my hope that NekoNyan might eventually be able to change that.

• Like 3

Why I wonder, that your wish will come true? :)

He-he, I think... to be honest, that's really possible. Will wait for that!

I don't know if this would be possible, since circus is working with MG, but I'd be all for it. We need more ad-absurdum-overpowered-action-stuff (without nazis).

On 8/2/2018 at 8:24 PM, Nelico said:

We need more ad-absurdum-overpowered-action-stuff (without nazis).

I died from laughter after reading that "without nazis".
Dies Irae intensifies 

This is a good suggestion. Always down to have more chuu2 in the West, and my friend really likes this VN so that makes me want to play it more.

On 2/8/2018 at 11:24 AM, Nelico said:

We need more ad-absurdum-overpowered-action-stuff (without nazis).

Hey man. Absurdist action stuff with nazis is my favourite chuu2 VN ever.

Seems like SakuraGame got a hold of this title. Well sad day for everyone who wanted a proper release of this VN I suppose.

As big fans of the series we tried. We really did. :cryy:

Sadly we never even got a response from them. 

• Sad 1

On 5/26/2018 at 4:18 AM, Neb Neb said:

Not a company worth getting then...sure you have plenty of great titles planned in the future can't wait.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:18 PM, Neb Neb said:

To hell with them then.. 

I'm getting more and more reasons to learn japanese, it seems. 
I've finished the basic learning of Hiragana since a certain person told me the chances of getting Walkure Romanze are basically zero. 
Gonna start with Katakana very soon. 
After that, it will probably take a decade before I learn Kanji but you know: time is never wasted if it's for something you love. 

6 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

I'm getting more and more reasons to learn japanese, it seems. 
I've finished the basic learning of Hiragana since a certain person told me the chances of getting Walkure Romanze are basically zero. 
Gonna start with Katakana very soon. 
After that, it will probably take a decade before I learn Kanji but you know: time is never wasted if it's for something you love. 

Take every opportunity you can to reside in the country for a while. It's easier while you're in school with all the study abroad programs available, I never got the chance myself. And for Kanji, I recommend the Kodansha method. I need to get back into that myself, but lack of time and motivation is proving to be a major obstacle. That's the problem with self-study.

I wish you luck.

3 hours ago, Tsukishiro said:

Take every opportunity you can to reside in the country for a while. It's easier while you're in school with all the study abroad programs available, I never got the chance myself. And for Kanji, I recommend the Kodansha method. I need to get back into that myself, but lack of time and motivation is proving to be a major obstacle. That's the problem with self-study.

I wish you luck.

I have a job, and with horrible schedule so I can't even pay for a course xD 
But that's better, I wouldn't like the self-study if it was compulsory. 
What's the Kodansha method? u.u 

2 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

What's the Kodansha method? u.u 

For the modern western learner of the Japanese language, a casual classroom setting is often not enough to bring comprehension towards the enigmatic written system known as Kanji. But out of the darkness, two gospels presented themselves. They are Heisig's Remembering the Kanji (RTK) method, and the more recent, Conning's Kodansha method. Through arduous devotion to at least one these sacred texts, a learner may gain the means to comprehend over 2000 Kanji over a time period of about 2 years (at the minimum, assuming you study every day). Adherents of each text are in a constant war of supremacy with each other so determining the best option for the individual can be rather difficult, but I prefer Kodansha due to it teaching vocabulary alongside the Kanji. The vocabulary will only use the Kanji already previously learned in the book, so it helps with the memorability. 

I managed to learn several hundred Kanji this way, but then life got busy so I had to shelve it for now. Look it up on Amazon if you think you're interested.

• Thanks 1

ATTENTION.

DON'T GIVE UP YET.

For all we know, SakuraGame could have gotten the license for FA and not for EXS. So it's likely still up for grabs.

KEEP TRYING TO CONTACT LA'CRYMA, HELL TRY TO CONTACT CIRCUS TOO

• Like 2

On 5/26/2018 at 7:18 AM, Neb Neb said:

I think this says alot. If they'd rather go to the EA of visual novels than a company that actually translates games then... well obviously they don't care about their products. Fuck sakura games and all it stands for.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 4:05 AM, Periah250 said:

Fuck sakura games and all it stands for.

I totally agree. SakuraGame are frauds. Their translations are so poor, hence why they charge little for them. They are a blight on the VN industry as a whole, and should just shut down.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:19 PM, Black Heart said:

I totally agree. SakuraGame are frauds. Their translations are so poor, hence why they charge little for them. They are a blight on the VN industry as a whole, and should just shut down.

I'll collected the torches and pitchforks.

• Haha 1