Sign in to follow this  
MichaelBlueTheKing

Dakimakuras and generic waifu cushions

Good morning, boys!
Since I just finished G Senjou no Maou, I got the impulse of buying something from the opera. 
And on Goods Republic I've found this cute cushion that could be adorable to hug when I'm sleeping. 
I just have an issue. 
My mother is the ultimate housewaifu and she knows everything about how to wash things. 
Aaaand she said the cushion I found could be bad after I wash it. 
I'm not sure about trusting her judgement, because we are talking about japan cushions sold from respectable sites. Also, she said she can't be sure until she directly touches the cushion itself. 
And I'm not so sure about spending a bunch of dollars and then finding myself with a cushion I cannot wash. 
So. 
Since I'm probably worrying over nothing, I wanted to ask you guys if you already own some dakimakuras and cushions and you know if they need to be washed in a certain way or if they are 100% quality material :pocky:

This could probably be the most awkward topic in this forum's history for, like, forever. 

There are specific ways you wash them. I've never washed one myself, but I looked into it a while back. Just google it and you should find people asking the same questions you are. 

23 minutes ago, Chuee said:

There are specific ways you wash them. I've never washed one myself, but I looked into it a while back. Just google it and you should find people asking the same questions you are. 

Ye, I found some answers. 
Many say that if I'm not sure it's better if I wash them by hand.
I'm gonna take great care of Haru-chan <3 

• Haha 1

Just fill your tub with water and spritz in some soap and gently wash it. at least that's what I'd do if I had a tub instead of a shower.

• Like 2

Most cushion in Japan, esp daki's needs to be washed by hands. That is also probably the biggest reason I only have 1 daki and 1 small cushion.