Antera

Aokana overseas announcement

15 minutes ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

That would be the worst news in the universe. Not only we wouldn't get AoKana forever, but the work would also be a curse :sneaky:

Nah, we would we get it instantly, with the help of our good old friend - google translate xD.

But then again. a couple of months ago I strongly believed that sprite would go for a Kickstarter. If they gave it to NekoNyan, then my earlier assumption of KS falls in the water.

Just now, Infernoplex said:

But then again. a couple of months ago I strongly believed that sprite would go for a Kickstarter. If they gave it to NekoNyan, then my earlier assumption of KS falls in the water.

Pretty sure that Sprite's not particularly fond of kickstarter.

26 minutes ago, Feur Lehf said:

How do you know? Besides, they were in financial difficulties when they canceled the side story. It's not unimaginable for them to go for KS, unless you know something I don't?

It was quite a while ago, but I remember hearing from somewhere or someone (sorry, just vague memories here) that it was difficult to get the license for AoKana, because Sprite doesn't really like the idea of kickstarter- you know, with it being a sort of safety net in case the VN's localisation doesn't sell very well (could be interpreted as the English localisation company not having faith that their title will sell well). I mean, I thought that was where NekoNyan was making a good move (imo) with their localisations; y'know since they don't have kickstarters and all. I dunno, might be remembering things wrong, since that logic can theoretically apply to various VN developers, but yeah. 

Actually, you might be right. I can see why many JP devs wouldn't like the idea of Kickstarters (then again, there are those who are trying their hand at it at the moment, like for example Ninetail). I don't know much about sprite's stance on the matter, but... if they don't intend to use a KS to fund it, then they surely sold the license for a hefty price to whoever bought it (be it NN or SakuraGame or anyone else). Mind you,  I'd be very glad if it's really NN and no Kickstarter. All those VN KSs by Sekai are tiring me, and I really like when companies don't rely on them too much. It's okay from time to time, but not overdoing it like Sekai does. I can definitely see NN buying Aokana... well, it depends on how much financial power they have. Maybe they afforded it, I dunno.

3 hours ago, Antera said:

Plese tell me it is you guys (and not some MTL or Chinese company) 

This is the second time Sprite has mentioned of an “overseas” release. I wonder if there is any coincidence with the timing of this mention and the soon to be two new title acquisition announcement by NekoNyan 🤔

I know not to have my hopes up, but I sincerely hope that the stars will finally align this time 🤞 

2 hours ago, Feur Lehf said:

Yeah, NekoNyan made mention to this as far as the attitude of most VN companies in their debut blog post announcement when they announced the titles that they are working on right now. They  also mentioned that most VN companies are receptive to overseas localization dependent on the right circumstances. Which is why I want NekoNyan to succeed because what they’ve got seems to be working so far. 

34 minutes ago, blueskydreams said:

This is the second time Sprite has mentioned of an “overseas” release. I wonder if there is any coincidence with the timing of this mention and the soon to be two new title acquisition announcement by NekoNyan 🤔

I know not to have my hopes up, but I sincerely hope that the stars will finally align this time 🤞

Yeah, the first announcement said there would "likely" be an overseas release, NekoNyan's announcement got delayed, and now Sprite is saying there "will" be an  announcement soon.

It certanly has me crossing my fingers that it's not just a coincidence.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

All those VN KSs by Sekai are tiring me, and I really like when companies don't rely on them too much. It's okay from time to time, but not overdoing it like Sekai does.

Yeah, Sekai never really tend to give off the best impressions :ugghh:

15 minutes ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Speaking of which, I heard they are redeveloping the company or something like that

You meant to say firing off their only productive employees.

3 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

You meant to say firing off their only productive employees.

I have so many questions as to how you arrived to that conclusion. :sigh:

Just now, blueskydreams said:

I have so many questions as to how you arrived to that conclusion. :sigh:

Which part? "The only productive employees"? Say what you want, but their marketing staff did their job very well (unlike their CEO).

well If nekonyan doesn't comment on this thread then maybe they're the ones who grabbed it? Because unless they post here that it's not them and they don't post anything here isn't it pretty much just saying it's them?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Which part? "The only productive employees"? Say what you want, but their marketing staff did their job very well (unlike their CEO).

Which part, lol. Well I was going to say what I want anyway.

I am just curious why you think the marketing team was the most productive employees and/or think that they did their job very well when they are the ones that got fired. Clearly, they were not very good or effective at their job. :alsonotamused:

Edited by blueskydreams

5 minutes ago, Periah250 said:

well If nekonyan doesn't comment on this thread then maybe they're the ones who grabbed it? Because unless they post here that it's not them and they don't post anything here isn't it pretty much just saying it's them?

I don’t think that is the reason why they aren’t saying anything. I think they are merely practicing proper business etiquette where they don’t respond to rumors or speculation until they make a proper announcement.

Whether it’s true or not that they acquired Aokara is mere speculation at this point since Sprite is being vague in their overseas statements and NekoNyan has yet to make their announcement.

Edited by blueskydreams

1 minute ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Maybe it's Sol Press?

Possible (more like a 15%-20%) but I doubt.   

What are the ones who can localize it?

MG I would assume is a no since they would have announced it at Otakon

Then we are probably left with Jast, Frontwing, Nekonyan and Sol press as potential candidates. Any others? Maybe Visual Arts will just come in and say that they are willing to do an eroge and localize it? Doubt JAST and Visual Arts though.

Edited by bakauchuujin