Sign in to follow this  
Tamaki Sakura

SuGirly Wish HD Renewal & Strawberry Nauts HD Renewal

I'd love to see NekoNyan translate the HD Renewal editions of these popular and highly-rated titles from Hooksoft (Melty Moment.) More charage are always welcome.

Strawberry Nauts

Seitarou starts his first year of high school by moving away from home to the Goukoukan school. Of course, he's surprised when told that he'll be living in the girl's dorm! To be precise, he will be staying in an annex of the dorm because the boy's dorm is full. That day, he meets with the other residents (who are all girls, of course)— senpai Asagiri and Aisa, childhood friend Itsuki, school chairman's daughter Houmi, timid and petite Yao, bright Touko, and childish teacher Chiyori.

It's one year later, and the dorm's residents are like a close-knit family. While everyone spends their time and energy doing what they love (be it club activities or student council duties), Haruto uses his now famous cooking skills to make sure food is ready when they wake up in the morning and come back after school. With the addition of two first year girls, clumsy Mikamo and serious Suzume, the new school year starts. Who will Haruto end up with?

SuGirly Wish

Junpei is designated as the male dorm leader at his stylish, western-style dorms for the new school year. While he's unsure about whether or not he can do the job well, his childhood friend, Megumi, smiles and assures him that he’ll be fine. Encouraged by her angelic smile, he decides to try his hand at it. But no matter where he looks, there are problem children in love. Even the school has its own mysteries, with a chapel that seems to be meaningful and rumors of a fountain that grants wishes. Then his little sister, Hina, stands on the podium during the entrance ceremony and declares that she loves her big brother and she plans to make him hers, causing all the students to aspire to fall in love as well.

Edited by Tamaki Sakura
  • Like 2

Speaking of Hooksoft, I'm most interested in PriministAr, 

Spoiler

mainly because one of the girls goes blind during her route, and I really want to see how that plays out.

Edited by twisted

I have JP versions of all three games (Both Strawberry Nauts and SuGirly Wish are the HD remakes). I haven't touched SuGirly Wish yet but I've done partial Let's Plays for the other two games.

Strawberry Nauts feels like If My Heart Had Wings from Moenovel/Pulltop minus the hostility the main character gets from the other girls.

Spoiler

Just like Aoi in If My Heart Had Wings, the main character Seitarou functions like a dorm mother to all the other girls. Also the novel focuses more on a typical school life (Seating Chart Competition and Club Recruitment Brawl) than a certain theme that the main female character strives for.

PriministAr is said to be a sequel of Strawberry Nauts, but I find the opening route to be less exciting than Strawberry Nauts. The introduction of new characters seem longer in this visual novel and the level of drama is a bit excessive.

Spoiler

There was one part in the opening route where one girl threw a tantrum just because the main character Haruchika misclassified her as being small. It led to her bodyguard anxiously begging to attack. However, one element that makes this visual novel exciting is the jealously among the other boys. The jealousy was probably what led them to devise the stupid plot as mentioned in vndb.org.

It was a beautiful spring afternoon, and the melodies from the music room and the shouts from the athletic clubs filled the air. Each club has recruited their new members, and everybody was excited for the upcoming school year. In particular, the boys in the culture department were devising a (stupid) plot to make it mandatory for all girl members to wear school swimwear. Of course, all the girls were vehemently against the idea and chased all the guys out. The remaining boy was Haruchika, who was planning to join the tiny handicraft club. Thus begins his lively days in the handicraft club surrounded by girls. - from vndb.org