blueskydreams

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone, my name is blueskydreams or blue for short. 

Before I start my introduction, I want to give a huge thank you to everyone at NekoNyanSoft!!

I have been playing Visual Novels ever since I saw Da Capo 2 advertised in an Otaku USA magazine back in the early days of MangaGamer. My favorite visual novel titles are Da Capo 2, the Majikoi series, the first Grisaia, the Yuzusoft titles, and quite recently, Fureraba.

For the longest time, I had been very uninterested in playing visual novels. I used to follow, support, and look to Mangagamer for all of the titles I would like play if they weren't fan-translated. But for some reason, all of the titles that they have been releasing have been Otome, Yuri, and others that have been just rather 'blah' in their premises. Of course, Frontwing pretty much only releases Grisaia stuff mostly which no longer interests me and Sekai Project....well, the less said the better (Release those Yuzusoft games!!!).

But then, NekoNyanSoft came onto the scene and made that epic announcement of titles that came out of nowhere. Titles that I can't believe didn't get licensed before now! Thanks to Fureraba and having played that, I want to read VNs again. Especially NekoNyan titles! 

With that said, thank you for having me here.

I can't wait to play some more NekoNyan titles and join in on some of the current discussions.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blueskydreams said:

I used to follow, support, and look to Mangagamer for all of the titles I would like play if they weren't fan-translated. But for some reason, all of the titles that they have been releasing have been Otome, Yuri, and others that have been just rather 'blah' in their premises.

HapyMaher just came out. Have you given that a try, or do you consider it 'blah'?

7 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Welcome to this little big family, Blue! 
I also have Blue in my name, hope we'll be getting along :happy3:

Thank you MichaelBlue. It is always a pleasure to meet a fellow Blue 😊

I am sure that we will get along just fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

HapyMaher just came out. Have you given that a try, or do you consider it 'blah'?

I did not realize that HapyMaher came out. I will definitely give it a try. I just meant that what MangaGamer has been releasing in general recently, hasn’t been VNs I would like to read. The last title that I read from them was Da Segno. 

I would be lying if I said that nothing that they have licensed didn’t interest me. The titles I really want to read from them are Damekoi and Trinoline. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to try Hapymaher just yet. I love VNs that include lolis with supernatural abilities, but I keep hearing polarizing reviews on this one. 

Maybe at some point in the future.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Blue2

Edited by Tsukishiro
  • Like 2

It's always super sweet to read sth like this 

Let's hope that we can bring back more people to read VNs again!

:pocky:

• Like 1

Ok guys it looks like neb neb's starting to get conceited. We need to temper this with bad mouthing nekonyan now...the only issue is I don't really have any issue or complaints yet so. We'll have to settle to petty gripes and completely arbitrary subjects. First one on the board Why's the top of the forum page blue? What about your colorblind readers? don't you care about them!? Well that's all I got someone else come up with something completely inconsequential to complain to them about.

• Haha 2

On 8/5/2018 at 8:23 AM, blueskydreams said:

I would be lying if I said that nothing that they have licensed didn’t interest me. The titles I really want to read from them are Damekoi and Trinoline. 

What about SukiSuki?

9 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

What about SukiSuki?

Ah, I completely forgot about that one. Just like with Damekoi, Mangagamer hasn't made any mention to its status in months. But yes, that is one that I definitely want play when it eventually releases. 

As the only two games I've been waiting ages to throw my money at, I've paid relatively close attention to Damekoi and SukiSuki news. The latter is pretty well known to be stuck in licensing hell indefinitely, sadly. (I don't really understand why the company going bankrupt should invalidate the license MG already paid for and product they already finished localizing, but I guess that's why I'm not a businessman.) Damekoi it was offhandedly mentioned on Twitter somewhere recently that they're trying to get the localization squared up with the recently released (Feb 2018) E-mote version of the game, so I'm no longer worried about how long that one's taking. It's actually quite the happy little accident.