Periah250

Compared to other forums and communities, who finds NekoNyans more welcoming?

I just like nekonyans friendly atmosphere and feel to other big name companies. I guess I feel like the members of NekoNyan actually feel like people and respond with personality, while in other communities if you see a post by a company member they just feel like a soulless puppet controlled by the corporation. It just feels dystopian or unfriendly, but with NekoNyan it feels like the members are just like us and it makes it feel warm and alive.

Also NekoNyan seems like they care about vns, they feel like they're motivated by a desire to bring the art medium to the west instead of for money and that sweet green. I don't I just like the feel of NekoNyan they feel human and relatable.

• Like 1

I really like the fact that people with a great passion for VNs decided to bring us VNs officially. 
Since they have real passion for it, I can trust they will do a great job or at least do their best. 

Now I'm waiting for the 2 announcements :smug:

39 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Well, I'm pretty sure we're the only company that still has a forum.

Well i decided to go ahead and do more research into this. I can't find anything for mangagamer and Jast, and for Sekaiproject. While I found something it's....pathetic really, really cements their focus on money doesn't it? Cheers to NekoNyan for having a bloody forum -_- I actually need to be thankful for having a place to be heard. Jesus Christ we life in a dystopia.

.Capture.thumb.PNG.a11243541fd41ce3f5d8366e5cd6e3d5.PNG

It's the only localization company I know of that has a forum, which is a big reason why Nekonyan caught my interest. 

I still frequent Fuwanovel's forums, but the atmosphere there is a bit different. 

4 hours ago, Tsukishiro said:

It's the only localization company I know of that has a forum, which is a big reason why Nekonyan caught my interest. 

I still frequent Fuwanovel's forums, but the atmosphere there is a bit different. 

I don't like fuwanovel forums it feels barren despite there being alot of people I just feel like I'm actually talking to people on this one.

1 hour ago, Periah250 said:

I don't like fuwanovel forums it feels barren despite there being alot of people I just feel like I'm actually talking to people on this one.

There are so few of us that we all basically know each either, to a minor extent. 

2 hours ago, hetzer123 said:

It seems there are less heated arguement but less people.

Well yea less people would naturally equal less arguments but never the less, it just feels dead or forgotten.

Eh, I miss mangagamer's forums. They said they closed it for technical reasons and that it will be back, but it never came back 🙁. I feel the real reason was that some people were "misbehaving" too much. Its sad, because it felt like I drifted away from their community, still love 'em tho.

On the other hand, forums is what drawn me to this company, however strange it might be. Its quite nice to have them, being closer to people who work here and all that.

As probably the newest member of this wonderful little community, I, blueskydreams, have felt more welcome that I could ever have imagined. I used to be apart of Mangagamer's forum as well as MyAnimeList before I started feeling uncomfortable with the way that those communities were becoming. The communities, that I used to be apart of on MAL, used to talk about visual novels a lot. I initially felt apprehensive about joining another community due to having drifted away from those ones. However, I am very glad I joined. You are all very nice and welcoming people :happy3:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blueskydreams said:

As probably the newest member of this wonderful little community, I, blueskydreams, have felt more welcome that I could ever have imagined. I used to be apart of Mangagamer's forum as well as MyAnimeList before I started feeling uncomfortable with the way that those communities were becoming. The communities, that I used to be apart of on MAL, used to talk about visual novels a lot. I initially felt apprehensive about joining another community due to having drifted away from those ones. However, I am very glad I joined. You are all very nice and welcoming people :happy3:

You know I never made a MAL account, their requirements for a password are way to draconian.  Sorry MAL but my usual password doesn't contain a synonym for cheese like you'd apparently want!

Not knocking NekoNyan, but there's a certain amount of cozy charm and individuality that results from being a small, niche startup company compared to a large, established business. It's easier for your voice, as an individual fan, to be heard amongst dozens of other fans than it is thousands. It's easier for the people running the business to communicate both with each other and their community when it's basically a glorified group of friends compared to a massive corporation with hundreds of dudes on payroll. That's simply the logistics of business.

Sekai Project and possibly Mangagamer have switched to Discord (unless they got rid of those too). Which brings up an interesting question does nekonyansoft have a discord?

Edited by kyrt

4 hours ago, kyrt said:

Which brings up an interesting question does nekonyansoft have a discord?

I've set one up some time ago but have kinda dodged the issue with implementing bots for moderation so far :notlooking:

Will definitely be up and running sometime soon!

On 8/4/2018 at 9:42 PM, Tamaki Sakura said:

MangaGamer and JAST used to have popular forums.

Used to, yeah. Well, JAST's forum still exists at least. It's kinda dead, though. Even when they release new stuff, no one cares, so no use of their forum. Even Fuwanovel seems to be dwindling with activity (it used to be way more active back in the day). I guess less and less people use forums nowadays. Everyone's on Discord and similar.