Periah250

Does NekoNyan just grab any license they can get?

They have a few games slated for release and so far they seem pretty standard for Visual novels. Nothing super out there and different like Muv luv or something akin to that. Does NekoNyan discuss games they want to translate or do they just take what they can get?

Wait for the upcoming announcements. I guarantee at least one plot-focused title from a "big name" brand.

Edited by Tamaki Sakura

1 hour ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Wait for the upcoming announcements. I guarantee at least one plot-focused title from a "big name" brand.

Did you somehow manage to collect all the billions you needed to get the Fate/Stay Night license?

Well for a more serious answer, I look forward to finding out which title it is.

16 hours ago, Periah250 said:

They have a few games slated for release and so far they seem pretty standard for Visual novels. Nothing super out there and different like Muv luv or something akin to that. Does NekoNyan discuss games they want to translate or do they just take what they can get?

It's the exact opposite.

If we would just grab what we can get, we would be swamped with licenses right now. A lot of thought is going into what we license and when, and most of our staff knows (and has read) the games we license. We're trying to look at which titles the community wants, and also take into account which titles we believe are great. Another factor that also goes into the decision process is what the devs want. We believe that good communication is the key to a long, healthy relationship and as such, we're discussing which title(s) we're going to work on together with them.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, akerou said:

It's the exact opposite.

If we would just grab what we can get, we would be swamped with licenses right now. A lot of thought is going into what we license and when, and most of our staff knows (and has read) the games we license. We're trying to look at which titles the community wants, and also take into account which titles we believe are great. Another factor that also goes into the decision process is what the devs want. We believe that good communication is the key to a long, healthy relationship and as such, we're discussing which title(s) we're going to work on together with them.

In other words: people who are really passionate about their work 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akerou said:

It's the exact opposite.

And this is why I like NekoNyan they obviously love visual novels and enjoy what they do. Unlike say Sekai or jast which has a massive back log of games that will never see the light of day, NekoNyan actually does their homework and listens to fans and hey actually responds to questions and comments instead of drowning us in corporate bullshit to simultaneously keep us in the dark but also shut us up. With NekoNyan I feel my questions to them are actually answered, not tip toed around.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Periah250 said:

And this is why I like NekoNyan they obviously love visual novels and enjoy what they do. Unlike say Sekai or jast which has a massive back log of games that will never see the light of day, NekoNyan actually does their homework and listens to fans and hey actually responds to questions and comments instead of drowning us in corporate bullshit to simultaneously keep us in the dark but also shut us up. With NekoNyan I feel my questions to them are actually answered, not tip toed around.

Thanks so much for those words!
They nearly brought a small tear to my eye :sosad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Neb Neb said:

Thanks so much for those words!
They nearly brought a small tear to my eye :sosad:

Hey I love this company so far what can I say?

On 8/4/2018 at 5:20 AM, Periah250 said:

I completely agree with this. I love the care and attention that went into acquiring these Visual Novels. These games speak to me! They are exactly the kind of games that I want to read. I am a huge sucker for VNs that are both simple and romance based. Comedy is always a plus too. For me, NekoNyan struck a hole straight into my wallet for the foreseeable future!! :D

What I can't believe (and I am excluding Yuzusoft games even though I am 100% convinced that NekoNyan will release the first-ever official translation of a Yuzusoft game) is why pretty much all of these games weren't at all considered for release over here? The only game I really knew about that I really wanted to read for the longest of times was Melty Moment. But after reading Fureraba, I just can't believe none of these games were at all considered before the arrival of our lord and saviors at NekoNyan! :smile2:

Actually, during those license surveys that MangaGamer holds once every year, for years now, I would constantly ask for Melty Moment. Now I don't have to. Dreams do come true!!

Edited by blueskydreams

14 hours ago, blueskydreams said:

I completely agree with this. I love the care and attention that went into acquiring these Visual Novels. These games speak to me! They are exactly the kind of games that I want to read. I am a huge sucker for VNs that are both simple and romance based. Comedy is always a plus too. For me, NekoNyan struck a hole straight into my wallet for the foreseeable future!! :D

What I can't believe (and I am excluding Yuzusoft games even though I am 100% convinced that NekoNyan will release the first-ever official translation of a Yuzusoft game) is why pretty much all of these games weren't at all considered for release over here? The only game I really knew about that I really wanted to read for the longest of times was Melty Moment. But after reading Fureraba, I just can't believe none of these games were at all considered before the arrival of our lord and saviors at NekoNyan! :smile2:

Actually, during those license surveys that MangaGamer holds once every year, for years now, I would constantly ask for Melty Moment. Now I don't have to. Dreams do come true!!

Well there's you're first mistake... asking mangagamer for anything other than a boys love novel is a exercise in futility. Honestly I don't think mangagamer really listens to us anymore, they just release whatever.

3 hours ago, Periah250 said:

Well there's you're first mistake... asking mangagamer for anything other than a boys love novel is a exercise in futility. Honestly I don't think mangagamer really listens to us anymore, they just release whatever.

Just because they release a few BL novels, it doesn't mean they're ignoring other fans. Fujoshi deserve VN, too.

41 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Just because they release a few BL novels, it doesn't mean they're ignoring other fans. Fujoshi deserve VN, too.

Yea of course but it seems like it's all they release now. sure they have a bunch of novels awaiting release but that hardly means anything when they only release one of those when the stars align.

52 minutes ago, Periah250 said:

Yea of course but it seems like it's all they release now. sure they have a bunch of novels awaiting release but that hardly means anything when they only release one of those when the stars align.

They said they'll announce some great plotge this week at Otakon. 
Let's just wait u.u

2 minutes ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

They said they'll announce some great plotge this week at Otakon. 
Let's just wait u.u

I really don't care about that, let's face it those will be coming out around 2023:tehee:

2 hours ago, Periah250 said:

MG releases one title per month.

Current titles awaiting release:

• 2 yuri games
  • 3 BL games
  • 1 otome game
  • 4 nukige
  • 4 RPGs
  • 5 moege
  • 2 plot games
  • more Higurashi
Edited by Tamaki Sakura

7 hours ago, Periah250 said:

Yeah....it was a mistake for sure. But I did get my wish, I will get to play Melty Moment. And besides, I did learn from my mistake, that’s why I’m here instead of over there :sealofapproval:

40 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

MG releases one title per month.

Current titles awaiting release:

• 2 yuri games
  • 3 BL games
  • 1 otome game
  • 4 nukige
  • 4 RPGs
  • 5 moege
  • 2 plot games
  • more Higurashi

Most of MGs currently pending titles aren't catching my interest. Higurashi is definitely in, and Koropokkur looks cute too.

Did they need to grab so many Rance titles? I don't really like the premise or the protagonist.

40 minutes ago, Tsukishiro said:

Did they need to grab so many Rance titles? I don't really like the premise or the protagonist.

Rance is probably MangaGamer's bestselling title. If you like seeing plot-focused titles licensed, Rance and nukige are what allows that to happen.

Rance is disgusting. For one I hate turn based rpgs but secondly...the absolute most unlikable protagonist really? why!?

5 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Don't ask me. I hate it too. (For the protagonist. I like turn-based RPGs.)

I can kinda understand liking rpgs so whatever but rance? Just a bunch of self deprecating people who finds rance comforting because it portrays someone even worse than them.

This years MG announcements were mehh at best for me. too many Yuri & BL & Rance. Not type of VNs I buy ( I love RPGs but Rance is not one of them) 

14 hours ago, Periah250 said:

Rance is disgusting. For one I hate turn based rpgs but secondly...the absolute most unlikable protagonist really? why!?

I hate protagonists that are despicable and unlikeable as well. When it comes to actual VNs, I want to enjoy the story, not play an RPG. That’s why I like to play games Persona, Valkyria Chronicles, and Fire Emblem. 

I love turn-based RPGs. So this statement does make me kind of sad. I think that there not enough turn-based RPGs anymore and too many Action RPGs.

Edited by blueskydreams

2 hours ago, blueskydreams said:

I hate protagonists that are despicable and unlikeable as well. When it comes to actual VNs, I want to enjoy the story, not play an RPG. That’s why I like to play games Persona, Valkyria Chronicles, and Fire Emblem. 

I love turn-based RPGs. So this statement does make me kind of sad. I think that there not enough turn-based RPGs anymore and too many Action RPGs.

Well my reasoning is. I enjoy some gameplay to my games, just sitting there pressing a button or such while all that matters is the stats. It just annoys me so much. That's why I put the difficulty to the lowest setting and download a 100% save if I'm going to play an rpg or turn based, just so i can skip to the story.