Periah250

Does NekoNyan just grab any license they can get?

7 hours ago, AngeTime said:

Do you pretty much exist to be the token elitist douche on FuwaNovel and NekoNyan forums?

I have my preferred genres and you have yours. If that makes me an elitist in your eyes, oh well

Edited by Virgin Smasher

9 hours ago, AngeTime said:

Do you pretty much exist to be the token elitist douche on FuwaNovel and NekoNyan forums?

To each their own man. It’s best to not to call others names or make rude remarks.

10 hours ago, AngeTime said:

Yeah virgin, can you take that toxicity back to fuwanovel please? nekonyan is my safe space now

4 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

I have my preferred genres and you have yours. If that makes me an elitist in your eyes, oh well

I think the main problem people have with you is not that you have preferences but that you are increadably vocal in your preferances especially the things you don't like. When you can agree that other people also have other preferances than you I think you could understand that people in general don't want to hear too much about a genre from someone who hates that genre. For instance lets say that your favorite VNs went under a specific genre and that I went around bashing those VNs all the time just because they belonged to that genre that I hated, wouldn't that be kind of annoying?

7 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

I think the main problem people have with you is not that you have preferences but that you are increadably vocal in your preferances especially the things you don't like. When you can agree that other people also have other preferances than you I think you could understand that people in general don't want to hear too much about a genre from someone who hates that genre. For instance lets say that your favorite VNs went under a specific genre and that I went around bashing those VNs all the time just because they belonged to that genre that I hated, wouldn't that be kind of annoying?

See, the thing is I don't particularly care if people don't want to hear my opinions. I have an abrasive way of expressing my opinions on things I hate and I'm gonna give my opinion on a subject if it's brought up. Simple as that. If you don't like it, ignore it or actually make a discussion out of it instead of calling somebody an elitist to make yourself feel better about your unimportant opinions.

1 hour ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

As long as you guys support the localization of titles you don't like, we can all live in peace and harmony :sneaky:

I agree with this. As long as the titles I like, which is all of them, are being supported or in this case, NekoNyan in general. Then I really don’t care if someone doesn’t like any of the titles here. :notamused:

22 hours ago, AngeTime said:

Do you have to share your dumb opinions on every single community?

:star::nani2:

12 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

See, the thing is I don't particularly care if people don't want to hear my opinions. I have an abrasive way of expressing my opinions on things I hate and I'm gonna give my opinion on a subject if it's brought up. Simple as that. If you don't like it, ignore it or actually make a discussion out of it instead of calling somebody an elitist to make yourself feel better about your unimportant opinions.

Being "purposefully abrasive" is not a good thing, you know. 

4 hours ago, Chuee said:

Being "purposefully abrasive" is not a good thing, you know. 

That's what I was trying to point out.

Guys, why being so rude at Mangagamer? I love them... And Nekonyan too. Sol Press too.

Sekai... Well; somewhere deeply in my heart. MoeNove... Burn, no. Hobibo... Eeh, same way. 

"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all" is a good general if not imperfect rule to follow. It's better for everyone to talk about the stuff you like than bash the stuff you don't. There's no reason to purposely antagonize people, and maybe you'll even find some new buddies to discuss your favorite games with.

The lowkey best part of MG's Otakon announcements was the acknowledgement of having cleared up the problem behind Chuable's licenses which means SUKISUKI SOON™. But I'm not totally down on all their stuff. I don't actually mind Otome on paper. If I'm reading eroge for the sake of romance (and sex), it doesn't actually bother me to guide a female protagonist through a cast of dudes compared to a male protag through his choice of girls. As long as the girl is cute, right? The princess game in particular, considering its developer, seems like a comedy-focused game that can be pretty equally enjoyed by both genders whose protag just happens to be female, much like FLML. It's just the matter that relatively few Otome and Yuri games have 18+ content to scratch the eroge itch. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure plenty of guys can't stand the female POV for various reasons.

I wasn't all that interested in Byakko at first because I was too fixated on SukiSuki, but I probably should be if it's basically the rocket version of IMHHW. Because rockets are cooler than gliders, MG probably won't butcher the translation that takes five years for a ridiculously dedicated fandom to fix, nevermind not selling an 18+ version and Byakko doesn't have any fandiscs for MG to skip localizing. 9_9

That said, I guess MG really doesn't have much in the way of what people might call "standard moege" in their pipeline right now, so I can understand your guys' pain. It hasn't been entirely abandoned, though, and I'm sure it's not lost on MG that their single best selling title is one. (I'm assuming here, but considering PE's their only top contender that has a Steam release I'd bet good money on it.) Though if you look back through their store, they've rather always provided a pretty wide variety of games. MG's 2016 didn't have an 18+ moege release at all, and their 2017 was just DC3 in January plus Dal Segno and W Happiness back-to-back midyear. This year they put out MML, there's a strong argument for Hapymaher falling under the moege umbrella, and Koropokkur is very likely to be released by year's end. If anything, they're getting better at accomodating the crowd in this topic. :P Whether or not you're interested in the individual games they're publishing is a different matter.

Funny enough, after scouring VN blogs the past few days for no particular reason, I'm actually more interested in NekoNyan's licenses now. They're probably still not high on poor, old, apathetic me's priority list, but they're all on my radar now. Fureraba was a very good first impression at any rate, and if Sanoba Witch is a similarly positive experience then I'm all the more open to trusting NN's judgment on the other three games I've only recently gained interest in. Of course, I'm also eagerly awaiting the announcement...

Might get buried asking here, but will Suki to Suki to de Sankaku Ren'ai be given an English title eventually? It's the only NN title that has a distinctly Japanese name.

Edited by RisingChaos
  • Like 3