Periah250

Does NekoNyan just grab any license they can get?

3 hours ago, Antera said:

This years MG announcements were mehh at best for me. too many Yuri & BL & Rance. Not type of VNs I buy ( I love RPGs but Rance is not one of them) 

Just wait until this weekend. They said the real announcements will be given out at the Otakon 

There are definently a few mangagamer titles i'm looking forward too, BokuTen and If you love me then say so, but unfortunatley according too an email i got from them when i asked a couple of weeks ago, both have hit some sort of develoupment snag they didn't really elaborate on. Think If you love me then say so's dev went belly up though so that might be it for that one.

For their other titles, only Amaterasu and Trinoline really interests me from what they have anounced right now, other titles are mostly ranging from "meh" too "thats disgustingly disturbing!" (Maggot bites :p)

On the other hand, there are other companies with visual novels i am EAGERLY awaiting, Sol Press FINALLY got the greenlight for "Newton and the apple tree" for release next week so thats hopefully going too be fun :) Their "Sakura Sakura" title also seems fun.

NekonyanSoft has a whole lot of titles that i'm interested inn, all of them infact, Sanoba Witch and Melty Moment stands at the top of that list, with Furerabas fan disc also ranks highly although it's short.

So far Nekonyan has anounced titles that are just what i like, rom-coms, i am looking forward too the two suposedly big titles they are anouncing this month, i have my hopes so we will see if that get's fullfilled or crushed :winky:

On 8/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, Periah250 said:

Rance is disgusting. For one I hate turn based rpgs but secondly...the absolute most unlikable protagonist really? why!?

A friend once eloquently explained Rance the protagonist of the Rance games as such; "He's the world's most lovable rapist."

Going away from the Rance series however I'm quite curious what Nekonyansoft will be picking up. Will they be hosting a panel (and/or streaming the announcements). Or will the announcement simply be via twitter or the website. Inquiring minds want to know. 

11 minutes ago, kyrt said:

Going away from the Rance series however I'm quite curious what Nekonyansoft will be picking up. Will they be hosting a panel (and/or streaming the announcements). Or will the announcement simply be via twitter or the website. Inquiring minds want to know. 

Pretty sure that they haven't announced exactly how they're gonna go about revealing the new titles as of yet (I'd assume that they would announce it on this forum, as well as through social media, of course). We do know that they won't be attending Otakon though.

2 hours ago, Feur Lehf said:

Pretty sure that they haven't announced exactly how they're gonna go about revealing the new titles as of yet (I'd assume that they would announce it on this forum, as well as through social media, of course). We do know that they won't be attending Otakon though.

You are correct, Sir. :smug:

On 8/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, Neb Neb said:

You are correct, Sir. :smug:

Because otakon is too big a convention for them. Gotta stay off the big stages until they're ready.:pocky:

Edited by Periah250

46 minutes ago, Periah250 said:

Because otakon is too big a convention for them. Gotta stay off the big stages until they're ready.:pocky:

That's true. We will announce it to a selected crowd of people that I will invite to my basement and have them sign a NDA. I will call it ChikaCon.

:ugghh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neb Neb said:

That's true. We will announce it to a selected crowd of people that I will invite to my basement and have them sign a NDA. I will call it ChikaCon.

:ugghh:

"MoeCon" was already taken? :huuh:

Well now that Mangagamer basically confirmed that good VNs don't sell with their newest announcements, I'm kinda interested to see what VNs I can possibly cross off of my "Read in Japanese" list.

13 minutes ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Well now that Mangagamer basically confirmed that good VNs don't sell with their newest announcements, I'm kinda interested to see what VNs I can possibly cross off of my "Read in Japanese" list.

If you mean anything that isn’t Yuri, Otome, or Alicesoft, then yes.

There has been nothing this year that they have announced that has me at all interested. I guess the VN that I like to read isn’t something that they are at all interested in licensing anymore. I will be honest, MangaGamer continues to disappoint me, but then again, I might not be within their target audience anymore. Oh well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blueskydreams said:

There has been nothing this year that they have announced that has me at all interested. I guess the VN that I like to read isn’t something that they are at all interested in licensing anymore. I will be honest, MangaGamer continues to disappoint me, but then again, I might not be within their target audience anymore. Oh well. 

Their target audience is people that pay for specific types of VNs, aka Alicesoft, yuri, otome, and BL. I don't blame them honestly. 

29 minutes ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Their target audience is people that pay for specific types of VNs, aka Alicesoft, yuri, otome, and BL. I don't blame them honestly. 

That’s fine. Whatever floats their boat I guess. I don’t like any of those games but that’s okay. It just solidifies further why I am here supporting NekoNyanSoft instead of MangaGamer. 

Edited by blueskydreams

12 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

No love for Byakko? Having said that, I was disappointed too (although I like yuri, and am looking forward to Amrilato.)

It’s a little hard to get excited when you are still waiting to play the other game from the same company. This is like how Sekai Project grabbed three Yuzusoft games and still hasn’t released the first one that they had licensed. I thought Chuablesoft went bankrupt? This doesn’t make any sense.

Edited by blueskydreams

19 minutes ago, blueskydreams said:

It’s a little hard to get excited when you are still waiting to play the other game from the same company. This is like how Sekai Project grabbed three Yuzusoft games and still hasn’t released the first one that they had licensed. I thought Chuablesoft went bankrupt? This doesn’t make any sense.

The rights issues to chuablesoft's titles have been taken care of, and the games are back on track. As such, MG now feels comfortable revealing the second title they acquired along with SukiSuki. This isn't a new license—they've been sitting on it the whole time.

Edited by Tamaki Sakura

1 hour ago, blueskydreams said:

Got the same feeling >_>  very disappointed in MG 

Don't forget that Mangagamer has one more convention they will be going to and we can probably expect something at that one. They also have a huge amount of games they've announced (26 currently) and I'd like to see a few of those release before they announce the next big title. Mangagamer does release more visual novels in a timely manner than any other company though so although some of the games might not really be my thing I give props where it's due. They are still miles above certain other companies in this medium at releasing in a timely manner. Also there are a ton of people looking forward to the Rance games...the gameplay is addictive but outside of rance which I can understand the appeal even if it's not fully my thing the only thing I want from Alicesoft is Evenicle 2 to be announced...but to other people that enjoy alicesoft games they are getting some high grade nukige with gameplay. If nukige sell as well as Mangagamer claims they should be able to get some dough to acquire some more interesting licenses once they go through their current log. 

But enough about Mangagamer when do we get to find out what nekonyansoft has acquired...odd how a company with only a single release is the company I'm most looking forward to finding out their acquisitions. 

3 hours ago, kyrt said:

But enough about Mangagamer when do we get to find out what nekonyansoft has acquired...odd how a company with only a single release is the company I'm most looking forward to finding out their acquisitions. 

You can expect our announcements some time around the last week of this month. We would have preferred to reveal our titles during
otakon, but that didn't work out timing-wise.

We're waiting for a couple things to be finalized. You'll see what I mean when we make the announcements.
We're going to reveal the exact date (hopefully) next week. 

• Like 1

So instead of Otakon you're aiming for gamescom lol.

Looking forward to the announcement of the announcement :shiny: 

8 hours ago, hetzer123 said:

Currently, the only upcoming title of NekoNyanSoft that looks interesting to me is Hello,good-bye.

Pretty much and even then, Hello Goodbye isn't the most interesting thing that could've been picked up.

23 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Pretty much and even then, Hello Goodbye isn't the most interesting thing that could've been picked up.

Do you pretty much exist to be the token elitist douche on FuwaNovel and NekoNyan forums?

1 hour ago, AngeTime said:

Do you pretty much exist to be the token elitist douche on FuwaNovel and NekoNyan forums?

He's just upfront with his opinions.