Sign in to follow this  
MichaelBlueTheKing

Anime expo announcements

53 minutes ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Since some companies are announcing/have announced titles at the Anime Expo, does NekoNyan have something to tell us aswell? :smug:

Like I've already mentioned in a different thread, we would love to, but one of the studios wants us to announce their title next month, so nothing we can do there.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, akerou said:

Like I've already mentioned in a different thread, we would love to, but one of the studios wants us to announce their title next month, so nothing we can do there.

So, expect the announcements to happen during Otakon?

Ok, so while waiting for 2 titles.. We can have a lil chit-chat if we alread have a thread. What are u guys thinking about expo announcments? :)

47 minutes ago, Hades said:

Ok, so while waiting for 2 titles.. We can have a lil chit-chat if we alread have a thread. What are u guys thinking about expo announcments? :)

Positives

• Totono
  • Trample on Schatten and Flowers Ete release dates
  • Yu-No
  • Island release date
  • Majo Koi Nikki
  • 9 Nine (if the series actually finishes)
  • Harumade Kururu

Drawbacks

• Most of Frontwing's panel
  • The entirety of Mangagamer's panel. Seriously, I don't think they've announced a single title this year that wasn't pandering to a certain crowd such as BL, Yuri, Otome, Gameplay, and Nukige.

Here's to hoping Otakon is better for MG, but the con was overall quite good imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Honestly I found the AX to be rather dissapointing, hoped for more interesting announcments.

This, I found the titles getting localized super boring, except maybe for Totono. Both Denpasoft and Sekai Project are releasing super samey moeges (which I don't mind, but I would prefer the selection of moege to be a bit more varied) and MG was fully dedicated to specific crowds

I'm so happy see Majo Koi Nikki and Lilycle get license. I have a box of Japanese version of "Lilycle" on my shelf. That's so cute!

35 minutes ago, Veshurik said:

I'm so happy see Majo Koi Nikki and Lilycle get license. I have a box of Japanese version of "Lilycle" on my shelf. That's so cute!

MKN was almost done by fan group. SP again just buying license while using fan translation to earn $$.

4 hours ago, gfrank2018 said:

This, I found the titles getting localized super boring, except maybe for Totono. Both Denpasoft and Sekai Project are releasing super samey moeges (which I don't mind, but I would prefer the selection of moege to be a bit more varied) and MG was fully dedicated to specific crowds

Actually, nothing that was announced is pure moege.

Yu-No - plotge

Majo Koi Nikki - charage/nakige

9 Nine - chuunige

Harumade Kururu - moege for the first chapter only

I think this is the first time that a pore moege hasn't been announced at a con like this. Unless you count Nekopara as a moege and not a glorified nukige.

Edited by Virgin Smasher

Seeing Harumade Kururu being picked up is getting me hopeful that Natsukumo Yururu will be done in the future.

SP seems to like picking up the sister VNs of the ones I want to read. 

:sosad:

Edited by Tsukishiro

I'm really excited to finally see the Majo Koi Nikki announcement (I did a little editing work on it in the early stages.) It's a wonderful nakige by my favorite scenario writer, Niijima Yuu. Please try it out.

Other licenses I'm interested in:

• Totono
  • YU-NO
  • Island (although this isn't really a new license)
  • HaruKuru
  • 9 -Nine- Episode 1
  • Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!

On 7/7/2018 at 10:09 PM, Tamaki Sakura said:

So, expect the announcements to happen during Otakon?

Is otakon in the eastern coast? if so I may be going there.