Sign in to follow this  
Periah250

How many people at NekoNyan know Japanese?

I mean I feel like it'd be relatively hard to do alot of the work if you didn't speak or read Japanese. For example right know I know a few phrases I memorized from anime and I know the kanji for Blood and really that's all I have, I'd be horrible for the job unless I went to college or something.

Edited by Periah250

19 minutes ago, Periah250 said:

I know a few phrases I memorized from anime

Basically me :notlooking: But everyone else on our staff is fluent...Dunno which JLPT levels though :winky:

I know about 300 Kanji and can hold simple conversations. I could definitely pass the N4 if I wanted to take it.

...I really want to get back into my studies but my current life situation makes that pretty much impossible.

I'd say my reading/writing level is a bit above N4, but my speaking/listening level is higher. Basically, I'm fine with grammar, but have to look up a lot of kanji. This is why I stick with editing rather than translating. I had to halt my formal studies over a decade ago due to my health, and I've only just been feeling better this last year (I had a couple things hit one after another.) With that said, I'm still dealing with multiple chronic health problems. And, unfortunately, I no longer have the money for or access to Japanese classes.

Edited by Tamaki Sakura

In reply to neb neb: I see you're the one that keeps this company afloat.

In reply to tsukishiro: Many things in my life have prevented me from accomplishing things I'd like to accomplish, but hey you guys have accomplished more than I have.

In reply to Sakura: im glad to hear you are feeling better, but to hear your finacial situation is inhibiting you in your passions. Im sorry to hear that.

What the financial situation, Tsukishiro-san?... Augh...

So, I don't know Japanese. Ahaha. I only know hiragana and a bit katakana. Not kanji anyway!

Well I am currently studying Japanese at Uni, hence why I haven't been on here as much. I pretty much know hiragana, katakana, and about 20 or so kanji so far.