Sign in to follow this  
CrazyYanmega

Otome * Domain

• Publisher: Palette Qualia, Smile
  • Artists: Tatekawa Mako, Komowata Haruka

Short Summary: Trap deals with pervert, chunnibyo, and a lethal chef in an all girls school.

What first drew me toward Otome Domain was the chibis done by Komowata. I've been a fan of her art ever since trying out Dracu-RIOT. However, I discovered that this is actually quite an interesting VN. For starters, the protagonist is voiced, which is pretty rare. He's very down-to-earth, which foils for the oddball heroines quite nicely. It looks to be relatively low-drama, which is a plus for me. The comedy aspect looks to be top notch though.

My only reservation about this VN is that the facial expressions/poses don't appear to change during voiced sections. But it's something I can live with.

I know you have a lot on your plate already, NekoNyansoft, but if you could consider this I'd be very grateful.

(I'm not very good at making summaries or explaining myself, so I did the best I could.)

VNDB: https://vndb.org/v18149

• Like 1

We don't see that many VNs with a trap protagonist in English. This would be an interesting choice. 

And there's so many deformed CG scenes...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tsukishiro said:

We don't see that many VNs with a trap protagonist in English.

I think that's because Otoboku didn't do very well. I'd attribute its lack of success more to the game's age and Caramel Box's art style than having a cross-dressing protagonist, though.

I've gotta say, even though otokonoko aren't my cup of tea, this game looks awfully cute. :cuteblush:

• Like 1

Ok, I've already ready this. It's honestly one of the greatest moege ever made. It's what Otoboku should have been. Instead of focusing on the drama, Otome Domain's main focus is the comedy. Yes, Minato (the greatest VN protag ever) is fully voiced, including H-scenes. Komowata Haruka (the SD artist for pretty much all the Yuzusoft VNs) did all the SD art for this game. It also features a free camera, allowing you move the camera around every scene, which is pretty nice. It also makes good use of sprites (can you say naked sprites from behind? Cause those exist). Tatekawa Mako's art is also fantastic.

b2jvCNT.png

There's also headpats. Those are nice. The H is fantastic. You like femdom? We got a lot of it. You want to see the heroine begging for the D? Yep, got that too. Or maybe you just like some teasing? Got lots of that, too, on both sides. Maybe you like stuff a little on the kinky side? Kazari has got you covered.

Also,

v0M3vbd.png

Minato hates tsuns. Enough said. Which of course means, yes, that's right, NO TSUNS in this game!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CrazyYanmega said:

Also, what is Minato saying in that second pic?

“I realized it just now. It seems like I don’t like tsunderes at all.”

On 19/6/2018 at 12:08 PM, Hainiryuun said:

Ok, I've already ready this. It's honestly one of the greatest moege ever made. It's what Otoboku should have been. Instead of focusing on the drama, Otome Domain's main focus is the comedy.

Limiting Takaya Aya's writing to just moe and ichaicha is a crime, I tell ya. Granted Otoboku got a lot of flaws but the good parts such as the final arc of Mariya's route and Takako's route are excellent. The after story of Takako's route with them basically investigating corporations and financial world is amazing and as a student in Business Major, I greatly enjoyed and impressed by the work put in writing a convincing finance/corporate drama.

If you've read his other works, you'd had known his ability to write well in even alternate historical pieces or chuuni battles. 

There is a reason why Otoboku2 is considered a kamige by many. 

5 hours ago, Trung-t-rung said:

Limiting Takaya Aya's writing to just moe and ichaicha is a crime, I tell ya. Granted Otoboku got a lot of flaws but the good parts such as the final arc of Mariya's route and Takako's route are excellent. The after story of Takako's route with them basically investigating corporations and financial world is amazing and as a student in Business Major, I greatly enjoyed and impressed by the work put in writing a convincing finance/corporate drama.

If you've read his other works, you'd had known his ability to write well in even alternate historical pieces or chuuni battles. 

There is a reason why Otoboku2 is considered a kamige by many. 

Honestly, alternate history and chuuni battles are not something that interests me and Otoboku 1 pretty much put me to sleep that it bored me so much.

Oh, trap... You remember me Ensemble games (their last game, but not about trap, released a few days ago).

Interesting, why no one requested Otokoi (Koi no Canvas), it is still only masterpiece by them. 

Or if I understand it right, WillPlus with MoeNovel only working for the West in most terrible way, and I don't want to see Ensemble games by them in terrible English...

But Otome Domain is great also!

Edited by Veshurik

On 7/2/2018 at 4:02 PM, Veshurik said:

Oh, trap... You remember me Ensemble games (their last game, but not about trap, released a few days ago).

Interesting, why no one requested Otokoi (Koi no Canvas), it is still only masterpiece by them. 

Or if I understand it right, WillPlus with MoeNovel only working for the West in most terrible way, and I don't want to see Ensemble games by them in terrible English...

But Otome Domain is great also!

Ensemble's games are terrible for the most part. I think only Canvas and the Aria FD are the only good ones out of the bunch. Of course, if Nekonyan really wanted to put their translators through some torture, they could always do Ruitomo or Tenshihane

16 hours ago, Trung-t-rung said:

Ensemble's games are terrible for the most part. I think only Canvas and the Aria FD are the only good ones out of the bunch. Of course, if Nekonyan really wanted to put their translators through some torture, they could always do Ruitomo or Tenshihane

Really? Oh, why Aria FD?.. Original Aria was bad? And what about other games?

Koihana is a pure romance, yes. Last game it too much sugar... Oh. But that company is still alive, and present 21th game that Friday. Well... I think, better request Otokoi and talk about that, because here is Otome Domain.

7 hours ago, Veshurik said:

Really? Oh, why Aria FD?.. Original Aria was bad? And what about other games?

I kind of like the drama at the end of Kei's route in the FD as

Spoiler

the protagonist who is sopranista-in-training lost his voice due to the stress of living in a new environment and overwork himself. There's a nice bit of self-doubt and angst, which is understandable from the standpoint of him having worked hard and studied as a sopranist only to lost his voice. The resolution is...average and a little bit cheesy but I can live with it.  

And Kei is a better heroine than all of the others combined though it comes from my personal taste for dominant, teasing senpai heroine.