Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tamaki Sakura

Localization Request Masterlist (Check Here First)

Recommended Posts

This is an up-to-date list of titles that have been requested for licensing by NekoNyan. Check this list before starting a new thread.

 

Titles removed due to licensing:

  • Nukige Mitai na Shima ni Sunderu Watashi wa Dou Surya Ii Desu ka? (thread) (vndb)
  • Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - licensed by NekoNyan as "AOKANA -Four Rhythms Across the Blue-" (vndb)

  • Fortissimo EXS//Akkord:Nachsten Phase - licensed by SakuraGame (vndb)

  • Hello Lady! - licensed by NekoNyan (vndb)

  • Zombie no Afureta Sekai de Ore Dake ga Osowarenai - licensed by Denpasoft as "I Walk Among Zombies" (vndb}

  • Irotoridori no Sekai (thread) (vndb)

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Thank you so much for this nice overview. 
Will sticky this thread so new users to the forum can instantly see if their request are already open.

:sealofapproval:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Neb Neb said:

Wow. Thank you so much for this nice overview. 
Will sticky this thread so new users to the forum can instantly see if their request are already open.

:sealofapproval:

Now all you guys have to do is just translate ALL those VNs :smug:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Now all you guys have to do is just translate ALL those VNs

:sneaky:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Now all you guys have to do is just translate ALL those VNs :smug:

Don't scare the poor lads. Start with the ones with supernatural themes. Or lolis. Preferably both.

   :pocky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Now all you guys have to do is just translate ALL those VNs :smug:

Or you can finish your JP studies so you can start reading them. That's what I'm planning on doing this summer. :winky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Or you can finish your JP studies so you can start reading them. That's what I'm planning on doing this summer. :winky:

Of course I'm gonna finish my studies so I can judge their translations' quality :smug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Of course I'm gonna finish my studies so I can judge their translations' quality :smug:

Then you can work as a QC or tester:happy3:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Of course I'm gonna finish my studies so I can judge their translations' quality :smug:

It's highly unlikely that you'll be able to do that after finishing your studies, but in a few years, maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

It's highly unlikely that you'll be able to do that after finishing your studies, but in a few years, maybe. 

Tsk, don't you underestimate me :star:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 3:10 AM, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Can we also request real translators for the SakuraGame team? xD 

Will you take a real editor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow i added the toheart2 games here today and you already got them up. Look at you being quick to update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Periah250 said:

Wow i added the toheart2 games here today and you already got them up. Look at you being quick to update.

Updating only takes minutes, and I check the forum for new posts a few times each day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Updating only takes minutes, and I check the forum for new posts a few times each day.

you're like an unpaid intern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Periah250 said:

you're like an unpaid intern.

I'd rather be the unpaid webmaster (or the paid webmaster.:P) I'm gonna be one of the paid editors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

I'd rather be the unpaid webmaster (or the paid webmaster.:P) I'm gonna be one of the paid editors.

Oh you're gonna be working there after all then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Periah250 said:

Oh you're gonna be working there after all then?

Yeah, just waiting for for my first assignment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Yeah, just waiting for for my first assignment.

Congrats on your job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to spam threads, so I'm just gonna make a list of what I'd like to see from Nekonyan. Most of these titles I picked feel like they'd fit with the type of titles Nekonyan localizes, but I could be wrong as I can't read them(I'll get there eventually...in like 4 years maybe). I don't expect most of these to get translated, but I'd love to see even one from the list make it over! Thanks for checking my post out!

 

Company: RASK

  1. Re: LieF ~Shin'ainaru Anata e~ (vndb)

Company: CRYSTALiA

  1. Kizuna Kirameku Koi Iroha (vndb)

Company: Hulotte

  1. Yome Sagashi ga Hakadori Sugite Yabai.(vndb)

  2. Deatte 5-fun wa Ore no Mono! Jikan Teishi to Atropos (vndb) I shouldn't be asking for this one since it's not even out, but Hakua is too cute!

Company: Akabeisoft

  1. Akatsuki no Goei Trinity Complete (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) listed as one, because apparently it has more content than the three parts combined. Wouldn't mind one part at a time though!
  2. Seikishi Melty ☆ Lovers (vndb
  3. Maho x Roba -Witches Spiritual Home- (vndb)

Company: Tigre Soft

  1. Reminiscence - Collector's Edition (Part 1) (Part 2) listed as one, because apparently it has more content than the two parts combined. Wouldn't mind one part at a time though!

Company: Marmalade

  1. Primal x Hearts (vndb)
  2. Primal x Hearts 2 (vndb)
  3. Ouchi ni Kaeru made ga Mashimaro Desu (vndb)

Company: Clochette

  1. Koko kara Natsu no Innocence! (vndb)
  2. Haruru Minamo ni! (vndb)

Company: Quince Soft(subsidiary of Lump of Sugar, so there's more hope!)

  1. Mono no Aware wa Sai no Koro. (vndb)

Company: Harukaze (If their former English listing is anything to go by, they should be interested in the western market)

  1. Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart (vndb)
  2. Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart 2 (vndb)

Company: UnicoЯn

  1. Seiken Tsukai no Proposition (vndb)

Company: Nanawind(Alia's Carnival has already been mentioned and is in the master list, but I want to list their other game too)

  1. Haruoto Alice * Gram (vndb)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BigBigDog said:

I don't want to spam threads, so I'm just gonna make a list of what I'd like to see from Nekonyan. Most of these titles I picked feel like they'd fit with the type of titles Nekonyan localizes, but I could be wrong as I can't read them(I'll get there eventually...in like 4 years maybe). I don't expect most of these to get translated, but I'd love to see even one from the list make it over! Thanks for checking my post out!

 

Company: RASK

  1. Re: LieF ~Shin'ainaru Anata e~ (vndb)

Company: CRYSTALiA

  1. Kizuna Kirameku Koi Iroha (vndb)

Company: Hulotte

  1. Yome Sagashi ga Hakadori Sugite Yabai.(vndb)

  2. Deatte 5-fun wa Ore no Mono! Jikan Teishi to Atropos (vndb) I shouldn't be asking for this one since it's not even out, but Hakua is too cute!

Company: Akabeisoft

  1. Akatsuki no Goei Trinity Complete (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) listed as one, because apparently it has more content than the three parts combined. Wouldn't mind one part at a time though!
  2. Seikishi Melty ☆ Lovers (vndb
  3. Maho x Roba -Witches Spiritual Home- (vndb)

Company: Tigre Soft

  1. Reminiscence - Collector's Edition (Part 1) (Part 2) listed as one, because apparently it has more content than the two parts combined. Wouldn't mind one part at a time though!

Company: Marmalade

  1. Primal x Hearts (vndb)
  2. Primal x Hearts 2 (vndb)
  3. Ouchi ni Kaeru made ga Mashimaro Desu (vndb)

Company: Clochette

  1. Koko kara Natsu no Innocence! (vndb)
  2. Haruru Minamo ni! (vndb)

Company: Quince Soft(subsidiary of Lump of Sugar, so there's more hope!)

  1. Mono no Aware wa Sai no Koro. (vndb)

Company: Harukaze (If their former English listing is anything to go by, they should be interested in the western market)

  1. Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart (vndb)
  2. Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart 2 (vndb)

Company: UnicoЯn

  1. Seiken Tsukai no Proposition (vndb)

Company: Nanawind(Alia's Carnival has already been mentioned and is in the master list, but I want to list their other game too)

  1. Haruoto Alice * Gram (vndb)

 

If you're gonna take the time to write a list of 18 VNs to ask a company to localize, you're better off just learning Japanese and reading them all yourself. Considering the average time to work on something is 1-2 years, you'd be waiting probably around 16 years minimum (with multiple translators working on them) for all of these if they got announced, which would never happen with AkabeiSoft3 and Tigre Soft anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Asking for 18 titles is spamming, no matter whether you put them in one post or not.

It was the only way that I was aware of to voice my support for multiple titles and this was the better alternative to making 18 threads. I guess the better alternative to that would be to ask less, but I guess it's too late now. Sorry for the troubles, at the very least you won't be seeing me asking for anything again, besides showing my support for titles other people request. Basically I was trying to say if any of these were to be worked on, Nekonyan would have my support. I wouldn't even be surprised if none of these titles ever got translated or if Nekonyan had other plans. I'd be happy with one to be honest. Thank you for indulging my selfishness in any case.

10 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

If you're gonna take the time to write a list of 18 VNs to ask a company to localize, you're better off just learning Japanese and reading them all yourself. Considering the average time to work on something is 1-2 years, you'd be waiting probably around 16 years minimum (with multiple translators working on them) for all of these if they got announced, which would never happen with AkabeiSoft3 and Tigre Soft anyways.

I am learning the language, but slowly. I understand localization takes a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of effort, so I know if I want to read these in my lifetime I need to learn Japanese. I know it'd be unreasonable to expect more than a few titles if even that much. As selfish as it is, I just didn't want any potential title not to get a chance, however small, just because I didn't ask. Also, curious to know why Akabei is a 'never gonna happen'? I don't understand the licensing landscape of things, but while Frontwing has worked with them on stuff like Sharin, that sort of situation hasn't stopped Japanese companies working with multiple partners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigBigDog said:

I am learning the language, but slowly. I understand localization takes a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of effort, so I know if I want to read these in my lifetime I need to learn Japanese. I know it'd be unreasonable to expect more than a few titles if even that much. As selfish as it is, I just didn't want any potential title not to get a chance, however small, just because I didn't ask. Also, curious to know why Akabei is a 'never gonna happen'? I don't understand the licensing landscape of things, but while Frontwing has worked with them on stuff like Sharin, that sort of situation hasn't stopped Japanese companies working with multiple partners. 

 

They worked with Frontwing because they're Japanese. The CEO of AkabeiSoft2 hates foreigners and wouldn't license any of their VNs out to any Western localization companies. Well, besides Sekai Project, but I hear Dovac is actually decent at negotiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

They worked with Frontwing because they're Japanese. The CEO of AkabeiSoft2 hates foreigners and wouldn't license any of their VNs out to any Western localization companies. Well, besides Sekai Project, but I hear Dovac is actually decent at negotiation.

Wow really? That's sad to hear. I'd love to see the comment or tweet or whatever that brought that to light, because it would be nice if that was a false rumor. And if true, do you know why he hates foreigners, or dealing with foreigners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×