Sign in to follow this  
Tsukishiro

Favorite manga

What kind of manga do you guys keep yourself updated on? Which titles did you enjoy in the past? Just thought this would make for a nice conversation topic.

I like to read the current well-known titles like One Piece, Jojo, Boku no Hero Academia, and One Punch Man, but there are some more obscure ones that I enjoy too, like Saiki Kusuo, Bungo Stray Dogs, Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki, and most all the Touhou manga.

I also read Medaka Box in the past, which I found immensely entertaining despite the imperfect translation and outlandish plot; currently re-reading it slowly. Then there's Hayate no Gotoku, which I got back into about 30 chapters before it ended.

There's plenty of others, including some guilty pleasures, but I'll leave those out. :sneaky: 

About manga, I think in Italy we have more officially translated titles than in many other countries. That's good, despite the fact anime and novels are completely unknown here. 
Btw, if I had to pick only one I would say Dantalian no Shoka. 

Ah where to start.....i buy a truckload of manga off bookwalker all the time so i read alot.

But my favorites first amongst finished titles:

Mayo chiki, i just love this one, it's not that long, about 7 volumes. But it's completed and a definitive ending, not that open ended crap they changed the anime into :P

https://global.bookwalker.jp/series/54184/

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, it's a spin off to the Haruhi series, and in my opinion it's more enjoyable, this is a rom-com focused story more that the Haruhi is though.

https://global.bookwalker.jp/series/75707/

For ongoing titles i follow several, but currently my two absolute favorites are:

Horimiya, This is a romantic comedy i really love, the characters are great, the humour is good and i feel the pacing is pretty decent, no forced drama like i feel a lot of similar titles have.

https://global.bookwalker.jp/series/75658/

And

My monster secrert, actualy i am. This is probably one of my all time favorite mangas

https://global.bookwalker.jp/series/130143/

My favorite manga would have to be Berserk, no contest. Too bad it'll probably never end.

Another one of my personal favorites is Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai but I didn't like it much after the Goddess arc and the ending was pretty rushed.

I don't read much non-H manga these days. I don't really like how the serialization screws with the narrative and structure of the story. Doujins and tankobons are still within my radar though.

I've got a lot to go through...

An old favorite is Zettai Joousei. The main heroine is old-school tsundere: very sweet with those she feels close to, rather prickly with those she isn't. The plot setting of a gynophobe in an all girls school cracks me up. I want a continuation that was hinted at but the author is busy with some yandere harem manga; it's not a question of if he will get stabbed, but who, how, and when.

Hakoiri Drops is cute. I think its wrapping up soon though.

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei cannot update fast enough, and I need a season 2 of the anime. It's a testament to how much I love this series that I can spell its name without needing to double check and verify.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka? is as adorable as you'd expect. I was even a proofreader for one of its unofficial translations for a bit.

I found Species Domain in my local library, and it's been a blast so far. (Stiiiiill waiting on Volume 5 to get processed though)

Hajiotsu was adorable. Dunno why some dumb people wanted the main couple to break up at the end. :alsonotamused:

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san. Main series is good too, but seeing their married life with daughter Chi is just too cute for me.

Log Horizon - Nyanta Hanchou Shiawase no Recipe: Best Log Horizon character with his own spinoff. Too bad only a couple chapters are translated.

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san: SENKO IS THE BEST FOX LOLI :cuteblush:

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara is so sweet it gives me liver failure every time I read it.

Musashi-kun to Murayama-san wa Tsukiatte Mita: two dorks in love. What more could you ask for?

Boku no Heya ga Dungeon no Kyuukeijo ni Natteshimatta Ken is a sort-of isekai that I've started enjoying. The MC's "scientific process" approach to the dungeon in his back yard, combined with reasonable timidness with the unknown and dangerous, makes it something I enjoy reading.

Tonari no Nanige-san is just over the top and I love it to bits.

Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu. Read it. It's made by the Squid Girl author.

Senryuu Shoujo is sweet, gentle, and sometimes silly.

Aizawa-san Zoushoku and Fujimura-kun Mates are delightful. I do love me a good tsukommi.

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara. Lot of people didn't like this one. I did though.

Nyoroko's Live Broadcasting! Youth and softcore yuri! Woo!

Yumekui Merry is amazing and that anime it got wasn't even close to doing it justice.

Quick Start!! Girls playing tabletop RPGs. I've actually learned some stuff from it that has improved my performance at my D&D tables.

Kyou mo Onnanoko wo Kouryaku shita is about one unintentional playboy of a girl. She just wants some friends :cryy:

Aaaaand I think that should do it.

13 hours ago, CrazyYanmega said:

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san: SENKO IS THE BEST FOX LOLI :cuteblush:

*starts reading it*

Where do I I find my own?  😍