Sign in to follow this  
Skarren

Project status for upcoming titles question.

Well as the topic says, i'm curious if we might be seeing an update to the progress tracker of current projects soon.

Hello Goodbye is acording to the FAQ scheduled for summer, but there hasn't really been any updates to the progress tracker since before Furerabas release.

Now i'm well aware these release dates are at best an optimistic schedule, and i'd rather wait for a better product then a rushed one.

But with a progress tracker, i'm also curious too see updates as the translations and editing comes along :)

On 19.5.2018 at 3:54 AM, CrazyYanmega said:

It would be nice to see the tracker updated more regularly.

Yeah, you're right. We should definitely update it more regularly.

I've updated it just now.

May look a little weird that Sanoba is closer to completion than HGB, but that's mainly because Sanoba is almost twice the length of HGB, which is why we have two translators working on Sanoba versus just one who is working on HGB ;)

16 hours ago, akerou said:

Yeah, you're right. We should definitely update it more regularly.

I've updated it just now.

May look a little weird that Sanoba is closer to completion than HGB, but that's mainly because Sanoba is almost twice the length of HGB, which is why we have two translators working on Sanoba versus just one who is working on HGB ;)

I wouldn't mind Sanoba finishing first at all :P that being said i've been looking forward to all anounced titles, so i'll gobble up what ever comes first :)

As for Sanoba being almost twice the length of HGB, how is Sanobas length compared to say Fureraba?

Anyways, thanks for updating the progress tracker :)

5 hours ago, Skarren said:

As for Sanoba being almost twice the length of HGB, how is Sanobas length compared to say Fureraba?

About the same? Maybe a slight bit longer IIRC

7 hours ago, Skarren said:

In terms of lines, Sanoba has only slightly more, but if we look at character count, it's ~20% longer.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:10 AM, akerou said:

In terms of lines, Sanoba has only slightly more, but if we look at character count, it's ~20% longer.

How are those so shockingly different? Man Japanese is weird!

12 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Sanoba has more words in katakana and hiragana.

And needless to say, the character count can change drastically during translations. Some long phrases can be expressed in a few English words and vice-versa. 

1 minute ago, Tsukishiro said:

And needless to say, the character count can change drastically during translations. Some long phrases can be expressed in a few English words and vice-versa. 

True. Although I prefer to keep line lengths similar to the original, if possible, to complement the voice acting.