Sign in to follow this  
MichaelBlueTheKing

Request for Hello Lady!

I like the concept behind the Butterfly Effect: one thing leads to another and then to another one. 
You are probably doing something completely stupid and then your life changes completely. 
Stay with me for a moment, I'm gonna tell you the story of my life: my addiction to anime/mangos/novels started in 2011 and in the most unpredictable way. Here in Italy we used to get long anime series with a terrible palimpsest. That situation changed a few years ago, but back in 2011 it was normal. 
And so, since I really liked Yugioh 5D's but the episodes would came out like once every 6 months, I started going on youtube in order to find the american ones. By mistake, I opened a subbed episode, not a dubbed one. I think my love for japanese voice acting started that day. 
After watching an episode, one of the suggested videos was about the opening of an anime I had never heard anything about: Shakugan no Shana. At the time, I wasn't particularly good at english so I wasn't fit to read english subtitles everytime (but Yugioh had really simple dialogue patterns so it was fine. Hell, Yugioh and Cardfight Vanguard helped me with english really a lot.), but Shakugan no Shana was italian subbed so I managed to follow the series. 
First one. Then another. I started watching anime via streaming and then downloading them via torrent. 
One thing led to another and then in 2014 I read my first VN: Grisaia no Kajitsu. 
I liked it so much that now I'm here discussing about Visual Novels. 
Life can be really strange, sometimes. 

And this post is one of the examples. 
I was looking for a picture on google image, and you know how google image always puts completely unrelated pictures together with the ones you are looking for, right?
I found this. 
ss2015-03-06at12-04-36.thumb.jpg.cd691c48c43ecc9bae740db282f6066e.jpg 

I immediately clicked on the site it was coming from and thought "Wow the girl is cute and that guy there is probably the MC. He reminds me of the MC from Amagi Brilliant Park." 
Sadly, the vndb doesn't list an English Translation. 
That's why I'm here! :D 

Ok, we are done with the story of my life. 

Hello Lady! is a middle-lenght Visual Novel developed by Akatsuki Works (the only VN I know from them is "Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku"). I'll leave here the vndb link (https://vndb.org/v13631). 
It got really high rankings, the chara is really cute and the plot seems intriguing. Judging by the review I found on the site from where I discovered the VN, seems like it got some mature content (and I'm not talking about sex this time xD ). It's not your usual moege with the Ojou-sama waifu. There are terrorists here, and other things. 
Basically a more serious Princess Lover xD 

I should start learning Japanese for real, but my job leaves me with very few time at my disposal and I want to use that to read VNs. Maybe in a near future I will grow up a bit and stop hiding behind excuses to cover for my laziness xD 

Thanks for staying with me and listening to the story of my life xD 

• Like 3

Awesome choice for a localization. Now somebody just needs to convince AkabeiSoft2 to license it out as the company itself is not known for being open to the West. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Awesome choice for a localization. Now somebody just needs to convince AkabeiSoft2 to license it out as the company itself is not known for being open to the West. 

They've licensed stuff out... to Frontwing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Maybe if we ask kindly... xD 

15 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

They've licensed stuff out... to Frontwing.

That was Sharin no Kuni though. They know they can rely on that to make money compared to a relatively unknown title like Hello Lady.

Plus, licensing stuff to Frontwing isn't a bad thing as they have good staff there. You could definitely license their stuff to worse companies for sure.

19 hours ago, Virgin Smasher said:

This. I've always liked the idea of AkabeiSoft titles to come out West (LovelyxCation please!), but a company that locks down their site for anybody outside Japan isn't a good signal.

I've heard about this one. I think it's a good choice, the setting looks interesting and the girls are cute too. Getting the license for it might be an issue though, as I see some others have already noted.

52 minutes ago, Tsukishiro said:

I've heard about this one. I think it's a good choice, the setting looks interesting and the girls are cute too. Getting the license for it might be an issue though, as I see some others have already noted.

Getting any license from AkabeiSoft2 is a difficult task. SP had to do a lot of different things to get the G-Senjou no Maou license and Frontwing probably didn't easily get SnK's license either. That being said, the fact that they even licensed two titles out is better than August and Eushully have done, so there's still hope.

On 18/4/2018 at 8:46 PM, Virgin Smasher said:

Plus, licensing stuff to Frontwing isn't a bad thing as they have good staff there.

Let's go ask Frontwing to license this, then? :eheehe:

17 minutes ago, MichaelBlueTheKing said:

Let's go ask Frontwing to license this, then? :eheehe:

Good luck with that. If you can find some way to get AkabeiSoft to give in, I'll give you all the credit in the world.

10 minutes ago, Virgin Smasher said:

Good luck with that. If you can find some way to get AkabeiSoft to give in, I'll give you all the credit in the world.

Gonna ask soon. Need to find the courage first xD 

We have news!
I asked Furontowingu about the possible translation. 
They answered that they cannot promise anything but they always keep titles recommended by fans into account. 
Typical answer. But the fact I received one means very much for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1